Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,233 Members 50,781 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

extend battery life with cyanogenmod

Tip us?
 
magno23
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 29
Join Date: Apr 2012
Default extend battery life with cyanogenmod

hi.
i have been using cyanogenmod 7.2 with my ace but the battery life sucks, is there anything i can do to improve this? i'm already using setcpu but is there any kernel that can improve the battery? or should i just simply change rom's
 
adi9981
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 98
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by magno23 View Post
hi.
i have been using cyanogenmod 7.2 with my ace but the battery life sucks, is there anything i can do to improve this? i'm already using setcpu but is there any kernel that can improve the battery? or should i just simply change rom's
FireKernel without overclocking option, but it will not change much. CM7 is just like that.
The Following User Says Thank You to adi9981 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
magno23
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 29
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by adi9981 View Post
FireKernel without overclocking option, but it will not change much. CM7 is just like that.
i tried a different rom but was getting a lot of force closes so i did a fresh install of cyanogenmod and installed FireKernel and now is much better.
is there anyway to re-calibrate the battery so i have an accurate status reading?
 
jb.NY
Old
#4  
jb.NY's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 21
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Gorgan
Quote:
Originally Posted by magno23 View Post
i tried a different rom but was getting a lot of force closes so i did a fresh install of cyanogenmod and installed FireKernel and now is much better.
is there anyway to re-calibrate the battery so i have an accurate status reading?
Try APOCALYPSE by itasoulas, You wont regret it, Great buttery life and smoothness
 
immy28
Old
#5  
immy28's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 81
Posts: 514
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: rajkot-gujrat
Quote:
Originally Posted by magno23 View Post
hi.
i have been using cyanogenmod 7.2 with my ace but the battery life sucks, is there anything i can do to improve this? i'm already using setcpu but is there any kernel that can improve the battery? or should i just simply change rom's
Change a battery. Cm7 have good battery life now.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2
Lewa theme SonyXperia
 
adi9981
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 98
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by magno23 View Post
i tried a different rom but was getting a lot of force closes so i did a fresh install of cyanogenmod and installed FireKernel and now is much better.
is there anyway to re-calibrate the battery so i have an accurate status reading?
Try the Battery Calibration app from Play Store.
 
Blackbox421
Old
#7  
Blackbox421's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 115
Posts: 623
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Duisburg
Vor just flash a stock based rom if you want Vetter battery life.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes