Ask a question

No registration required

how to get kernel on the stock rom

OP WizardMage

9th January 2014, 01:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

72 posts
Guys, i downloaded a full stock rom.. I only want to flash a kernel.. how to do that? I renamed the whole rom "I9205XXUAMH2_I9205OLBAMH1_I9205XXUAMG5_HOME.t ar" to just "boot.img.tar" then flashed it using odin "PDA", however, it is flashing the whole ROM..

pls advise....
11th January 2014, 04:21 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 213

1,321 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardMage

Guys, i downloaded a full stock rom.. I only want to flash a kernel.. how to do that? I renamed the whole rom "I9205XXUAMH2_I9205OLBAMH1_I9205XXUAMG5_HOME.t ar" to just "boot.img.tar" then flashed it using odin "PDA", however, it is flashing the whole ROM..

pls advise....

You have to extract the "boot.img" file from the whole ROM using Winrar for example. Then archive it into a tar file in order to load it using odin. I use linux to do that and have not tried it on windows so I cannot comment how to do it on windows.

Good luck!
11th January 2014, 10:23 AM   |  #3  
Flag Saskatoon
Thanks Meter: 246

780 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardMage

pls advise....

If you can extract the boot.img file out of that rom and put the boot.img file, might have to winzip it first and upload it as an attachment i will convert it to a tar file for you if you like, or give me a link to the rom.
Last edited by starmaster10; 11th January 2014 at 10:26 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread