Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,525 Members 39,726 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

how to get kernel on the stock rom

Tip us?

WizardMage
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default how to get kernel on the stock rom

Guys, i downloaded a full stock rom.. I only want to flash a kernel.. how to do that? I renamed the whole rom "I9205XXUAMH2_I9205OLBAMH1_I9205XXUAMG5_HOME.t ar" to just "boot.img.tar" then flashed it using odin "PDA", however, it is flashing the whole ROM..

pls advise....

bongski55
Old
Thanks Meter 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardMage View Post
Guys, i downloaded a full stock rom.. I only want to flash a kernel.. how to do that? I renamed the whole rom "I9205XXUAMH2_I9205OLBAMH1_I9205XXUAMG5_HOME.t ar" to just "boot.img.tar" then flashed it using odin "PDA", however, it is flashing the whole ROM..

pls advise....
You have to extract the "boot.img" file from the whole ROM using Winrar for example. Then archive it into a tar file in order to load it using odin. I use linux to do that and have not tried it on windows so I cannot comment how to do it on windows.

Good luck!

starmaster10
Old
(Last edited by starmaster10; 11th January 2014 at 09:26 AM.)
Thanks Meter 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardMage View Post

pls advise....
If you can extract the boot.img file out of that rom and put the boot.img file, might have to winzip it first and upload it as an attachment i will convert it to a tar file for you if you like, or give me a link to the rom.