Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,157 Members 42,825 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] rumrunner droid dna adb issues

Tip us?

pRoDiGyXxGiRl
Old
(Last edited by pRoDiGyXxGiRl; 11th January 2014 at 06:54 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] rumrunner droid dna adb issues

hi, i tried rumrunner but it keeps giving me a usb connection error when testing the adb. but when i use the adb commands in the sdk it shows up just fine and everything works. and my fastboot works as well. but on rumrunner when it runs fastboot first and then adb the adb doesnt recognize my device. ive uninstalled rebooted and reinstalled the drivers but nothings working. please help!!

this is the error message i get when running rumrunner, and i cant figure out why. on the left is my initial adb test, and then on the right is my rumrunner right afterwards
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	scrn.png
Views:	30
Size:	247.8 KB
ID:	2508108  

p1droidx
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pRoDiGyXxGiRl View Post
hi, i tried rumrunner but it keeps giving me a usb connection error when testing the adb. but when i use the adb commands in the sdk it shows up just fine and everything works. and my fastboot works as well. but on rumrunner when it runs fastboot first and then adb the adb doesnt recognize my device. ive uninstalled rebooted and reinstalled the drivers but nothings working. please help!!

this is the error message i get when running rumrunner, and i cant figure out why. on the left is my initial adb test, and then on the right is my rumrunner right afterwards
Check and make sure that when your phone reboots it connects to the computer properly, I had a similar issue when i was using moonshine to flash my phone, you should see that the phone is connected and listed in Explorer when you reboot. also make sure that you UNINSTALLED HTC Sync - if it fails to load the drivers, you may try quickly unplugging and replugging in the usb cable into your computer during the countdown, definitely do not do that after it has connected - doing so will result in a brick. follow this advice at your own risk. if you don't feel comfortable with it, don't try it, try another computer, it just so happens that i tried moonshine on 3 of my pc's before i finally got it to run with out hanging.

you can also try this tool kit to install the drivers separate from sync: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2219175

pRoDiGyXxGiRl
Old
(Last edited by pRoDiGyXxGiRl; 11th January 2014 at 09:34 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by p1droidx View Post
Check and make sure that when your phone reboots it connects to the computer properly, I had a similar issue when i was using moonshine to flash my phone, you should see that the phone is connected and listed in Explorer when you reboot. also make sure that you UNINSTALLED HTC Sync - if it fails to load the drivers, you may try quickly unplugging and replugging in the usb cable into your computer during the countdown, definitely do not do that after it has connected - doing so will result in a brick. follow this advice at your own risk. if you don't feel comfortable with it, don't try it, try another computer, it just so happens that i tried moonshine on 3 of my pc's before i finally got it to run with out hanging.

you can also try this tool kit to install the drivers separate from sync: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2219175
thanks!! i will try the toolkit. i never installed htc sync so i know its uninstalled lol. and i will also try the unplugging the cable. oh and i dont know if this matters or not, but my bootloader is still locked because it said for rumrunner i dont need to have it unlocked. is that correct?