Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,814 Members 51,830 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SPIGEN GN3 slim armor views case + qi wireless charging and nfc with help

Tip us?

kendonsh
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Default SPIGEN GN3 slim armor views case + qi wireless charging and nfc with help

I love the slim armor case from SPIGEN but there is no wireless charging unless you block the ic chip. Then I found a qi pad that allows the ic chip to make contact. (Picture attached)
But you loss nfc because the pad doesn't include it.
Great combo but I don't wanna loss nfc. I can't find a separate nfc antenna for the note 3 unless I am looking in the wrong place.

My idea is to get a separate antenna to attach to the pins but go to a different part of the back. Like my bad example in the picture marked by red.
But that's to solve the nfc problem and I don't know if it's possible.

So my goal is to get s view, nfc, and wireless charging working with the slim armor case.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-01-09-03-15-49.jpg
Views:	5166
Size:	150.3 KB
ID:	2504046   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-01-09-03-19-54.jpg
Views:	5462
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	2504047  
Been on XDA since my treo and htc universal.. forgot old log in
If its not a question or being helpful I dont like to post.. reading and searching is a great thing..

treo < htc universal < BB curve (side tracked by bbm) < htc HD2 (i miss you) < HTC Sensation 4G < LG Nexus 4 < Galaxy Note 2 < GALAXY NOTE 3
gave away my evo 4g
The Following User Says Thank You to kendonsh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jojocommi
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kendonsh View Post
I love the slim armor case from SPIGEN but there is no wireless charging unless you block the ic chip. Then I found a qi pad that allows the ic chip to make contact. (Picture attached)
But you loss nfc because the pad doesn't include it.
Great combo but I don't wanna loss nfc. I can't find a separate nfc antenna for the note 3 unless I am looking in the wrong place.

My idea is to get a separate antenna to attach to the pins but go to a different part of the back. Like my bad example in the picture marked by red.
But that's to solve the nfc problem and I don't know if it's possible.

So my goal is to get s view, nfc, and wireless charging working with the slim armor case.
Sorry that I cannot help you with your NFC problem but you solved my wireless problem with that QI receiver you show in the pic. I really like the slim armor but have to admit that I miss the wireless charging.

kendonsh
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojocommi View Post
Sorry that I cannot help you with your NFC problem but you solved my wireless problem with that QI receiver you show in the pic. I really like the slim armor but have to admit that I miss the wireless charging.
glad to have helped in some way. I just don't get why they couldn't include the nfc antenna
If its not a question or being helpful I dont like to post.. reading and searching is a great thing..

treo < htc universal < BB curve (side tracked by bbm) < htc HD2 (i miss you) < HTC Sensation 4G < LG Nexus 4 < Galaxy Note 2 < GALAXY NOTE 3
gave away my evo 4g

CZroe
Old
Thanks Meter 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by kendonsh View Post
glad to have helped in some way. I just don't get why they couldn't include the nfc antenna
Because they aren't RF engineers? I was surprised enough to see the S-View chip.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY 4G (R800at) Xperia PLAY (R800x) with Sony Ericsson MBW-150 Bluetooth wristwatch, Parrot SK4000 motorcycle helmet Bluetooth kit, and Looxcie 2 LX2 wearable Bluetooth camera/headset.

HP TouchPad 32GB running Cyanogen Mod 9.

kudosmog
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Just need to wait for someone to make a qi receiver with the nfc ports and passthrough on the other ports.
Or you can take this: http://www.amazon.com/Docooler-Stand...=note+3+nfc+qi
and mod it (i've not done it so I can't confirm it would work, but in theory you should be able to cut through the plastic where the ports are on the back and allow current to pass through)

kendonsh
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by kudosmog View Post
Just need to wait for someone to make a qi receiver with the nfc ports and passthrough on the other ports.
Or you can take this: http://www.amazon.com/Docooler-Stand...=note+3+nfc+qi
and mod it (i've not done it so I can't confirm it would work, but in theory you should be able to cut through the plastic where the ports are on the back and allow current to pass through)
One of the reviews said his stopped working after a month
Do you think a note 2 nfc antenna might work? Remove one from a note 2 back cover

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

gave away my evo 4g