Originally Posted by Thant
You must to restore nandroid backup no RRU for nwer base more then 3.14. NOW
1. Install this recovery with command fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
2. download this Nandroid Backup
3. go in recovery mount the sd card and unrar the nandroid backup to your computer after this paste on your SD card in folder Backup
4. flash the boot.img, erase cache, and restor nandroid from recovery.
5. You must to install stock recovery and you are full stock and you can receive OTA
Okay I'm going crazy SuperSU is on my phone and I can't get rid of it. I couldn't uninstall it, so I re-rooted the phone, installed custom recovery, installed SuperSU binaries then tried to uninstall. But every reboot reinstalls the application. Argh!!!
Any help with this?
Okay fixed the SuperSU problem, unfortunately the Nadroid backup supplied was not a stock image, still worked though when I did a factory reset, restored nandroid backup, install SU binaries, uninstalled SuperSU from OS, restored recovery, locked OEM, downloaded OTA and installed it.
So it all looks good except the recovery option comes up with an image of a phone and a large red exclamation mark, I assume this means the recovery.img doesn't match. Is there a way to fix this as I'd like my phone repaired?
Okay, I've done some more reading and learnt a little more, which is great.
I believe I need recovery.img for 4.19.728.3, so that will match the software on my phone. I've tried stock recovery for 4.19.707.3 but that didn't work.
I wonder if I should downgrade everything. Say downgrade HBOOT to 1.39, then install stock software of 4.18 and removing SuperSU, then flash stock recovery, lock the phone and attempt a OTA update to update everything. I'm assuming an OTA update would update HBOOT to 1.73, the software to 4.19 and the recovery will also be updated to work. Is this a good solution perhaps?