Best Alarm App for Android?

There are tons of choices to choose from when looking for a great alarm app for Android. While the stock … more

Unofficial CM12.1 Available for Moto E 2014

While Motorola is yet to release a final 5.0.2 build for the Moto E 2014, XDA Senior … more

Pinsy Brings Social Sketching To Your Watch & Phone

Did you watch Apple’s VP draw on his wrist during the Apple Watch announcement … more

CyanogenMod 12.1 for Samsung Galaxy S5

Android 5.1 is slowly putting its mark in the custom ROM world. CyanogenMod 12.1 is available to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

newb help

9th January 2014, 07:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
hi im a newb with this stuff i bought an acer iconia a500 used and its a demo. i researched a bit and tried to use one of the full rom downloads to sd card to reinstall a new system or whatever but i have no clue what im doing and would appreciate if anyone can give me a step by step. maybe i did something wrong but everytime i download the full rom onto sd and hold the volume down and power button it acts like its going to work and then pops up with android and triangle with exclamation point. please help im confused and aggravated.
10th January 2014, 11:01 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Shake City
Thanks Meter: 453
 
1,615 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo79

hi im a newb with this stuff i bought an acer iconia a500 used and its a demo. i researched a bit and tried to use one of the full rom downloads to sd card to reinstall a new system or whatever but i have no clue what im doing and would appreciate if anyone can give me a step by step. maybe i did something wrong but everytime i download the full rom onto sd and hold the volume down and power button it acts like its going to work and then pops up with android and triangle with exclamation point. please help im confused and aggravated.

Will need some more info to help.
Which Rom did u d/load.
Which Rom and bootloader was on the tab (GB , HC or ICS)- settings>about. You will need the correct rom for the flash to work correctly.
Is tab still bootable.
The android and exclamation point is Acers Stock Recovery - it should also show a yellow status bar?

You will need the tabs CPUID. There's a guide in my Sig on how to get this. First post halfway down are 8 different methods u can use depending on which android build u are on.

Also myt wanna have a look in the root guide too , get u up 2 speed with drivers an other info u need to know. It can be rather daunting but working with the guides following each step to the letter will get u where u want to be

dibb


Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
10th January 2014, 11:11 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Thanks ill put the info up later when I get home.I appreciate the help.
10th January 2014, 11:15 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Shake City
Thanks Meter: 453
 
1,615 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo79

Thanks ill put the info up later when I get home.I appreciate the help.

No worries, have look here at this thread regarding flashing a demo unit http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2523015

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
11th January 2014, 01:55 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dibb_nz

Will need some more info to help.
Which Rom did u d/load.
Which Rom and bootloader was on the tab (GB , HC or ICS)- settings>about. You will need the correct rom for the flash to work correctly.
Is tab still bootable.
The android and exclamation point is Acers Stock Recovery - it should also show a yellow status bar?

You will need the tabs CPUID. There's a guide in my Sig on how to get this. First post halfway down are 8 different methods u can use depending on which android build u are on.

Also myt wanna have a look in the root guide too , get u up 2 speed with drivers an other info u need to know. It can be rather daunting but working with the guides following each step to the letter will get u where u want to be

dibb


Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk


tab has version 3.0.1 with kernel version 2.6.36.3 and build number acer_a500_1.109.02_pa_demo. i tried to download the ice cream sandwich so that was prob the issue. wich one should i be using? alot of the links are dead. it is still bootable goes right into demo mode just like when i bought it.
11th January 2014, 02:05 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Flag Shake City
Thanks Meter: 453
 
1,615 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo79

tab has version 3.0.1 with kernel version 2.6.36.3 and build number acer_a500_1.109.02_pa_demo. i tried to download the ice cream sandwich so that was prob the issue. wich one should i be using? alot of the links are dead. it is still bootable goes right into demo mode just like when i bought it.

Can you still boot, you need the cpuid or else you'll be stuck where you are
You need the unlocked bootloader before you can flash ICS or JB roms -
You could run the tdv4 file, which doesnt require the unlocked bootloader but it does need your cpuid. This will give you HC 3.2.1, rooted with cwm recovery.

Check the thread I linked to above, read it as it has all the info for your demo tab. If you have problems with links let me know
11th January 2014, 02:34 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dibb_nz

Will need some more info to help.
Which Rom did u d/load.
Which Rom and bootloader was on the tab (GB , HC or ICS)- settings>about. You will need the correct rom for the flash to work correctly.
Is tab still bootable.
The android and exclamation point is Acers Stock Recovery - it should also show a yellow status bar?

You will need the tabs CPUID. There's a guide in my Sig on how to get this. First post halfway down are 8 different methods u can use depending on which android build u are on.

Also myt wanna have a look in the root guide too , get u up 2 speed with drivers an other info u need to know. It can be rather daunting but working with the guides following each step to the letter will get u where u want to be

dibb


Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibb_nz

Can you still boot, you need the cpuid or else you'll be stuck where you are
You need the unlocked bootloader before you can flash ICS or JB roms -
You could run the tdv4 file, which doesnt require the unlocked bootloader but it does need your cpuid. This will give you HC 3.2.1, rooted with cwm recovery.

Check the thread I linked to above, read it as it has all the info for your demo tab. If you have problems with links let me know

i just did that the first link to the acer support didnt work so i just did it manually and got it then got the usb drivers but when i extracted and did the shift with right click and command came up its not reading my tab. i tried all my usb ports and checked connections but nothing. however when i plug mu tab in windows picks it up and ask me if i wanna view files.
11th January 2014, 03:24 AM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Flag Shake City
Thanks Meter: 453
 
1,615 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo79

i just did that the first link to the acer support didnt work so i just did it manually and got it then got the usb drivers but when i extracted and did the shift with right click and command came up its not reading my tab.

So u got command window up and ran adb command and didn't get the number?


Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
11th January 2014, 09:07 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dibb_nz

So u got command window up and ran adb command and didn't get the number?


Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Yes
11th January 2014, 11:02 AM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Flag Shake City
Thanks Meter: 453
 
1,615 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Which pc OS? XP, vista or 7 work best.
And u got micro usb cable?

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes