Making Asus Transformer TF300T good as it can be

OP Matatusku

10th January 2014, 09:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
As the title say i would like to make my device good and fast as it can be without unlocking bootloader. (because i dont want to lose warranty which i have 6 month still left)

So i have Asus TF300T with Android 4.2.1 and it is rooted with Kingo. First thing that come in my mind is that i should remove all bloatware like with all Android devices but yesterday when i tried that my device did not booted up anymore so i deleted something i should not. I have Samsung note where was made windows program that made script to delete all the bloatware but i cant find program like that to this which would been very usefull. Is there some list what to delete or program to do it? Is this guide all we had for that? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1845377

All the other tweaks and advices would be nice too. I cant say that im very happy with my new device. This is not smooth as it should and internet browsing is very slow.

I would like to hear good and smooth games for this device too same as usefull programs. I tested GTA 3 and GTA Vice City and both are very laggy and unplayable. Is there any games that works with the keyboard which i have too.

So XDA users give me advices. I think many of you have used much hours with this device so share the knowledge. And sorry for my bad english which is not my native language.
11th January 2014, 10:24 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
Wink
Removing the bloat ware usually helps but one thing I noticed about the TF300 was that the ASUS updates are often responsible for some(a lot of some ) of the lag. My device was running very smooth until the latest update from Asus and then just like yourself it a bit laggy, GTA for me was really smooth (until the latest update). I've moved on now and took the risk of flashing a custom rom and I must say that the performance is much much better even more so that it was before, I've still a bit left on my warranty but I figured there was no point in being frustrated with the asus stock and it was taking away my enjoyment.

In terms of gaming, did you know you can attach a Bluetooth controller like ps3 one? For me this made gta much more enjoyable but in terms of the keyboard, I didn't really find that many games either, I put a number of emulators on it which most of the time support a keyboard an went back to the "good old days" of Atari ST and Amiga If you like that kind of thing it will keep you amused for hours!
Last edited by DaRiP; 11th January 2014 at 10:28 AM. Reason: typo:)
The Following User Says Thank You to DaRiP For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th January 2014, 11:17 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
The one reason why i dont want to lose warranty is that im not sure how long i will play with this device. I think there will be some Tegra 5 device which i will buy and sell this away. Maybe the removing bloatware is the best tweak i can do but the only thing i need is some program or list what i can delete and what not so i dont end up like previously when i did that.

Emulators is maybe the answer to my needs
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread