Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,340 Members 42,958 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] need some help with boot.img

Tip us?

vakeiros
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] need some help with boot.img

hi guys,

my find 5 was having some reboot issues (it was rebooting a few times per day) and that was a bit anoying. I was using an old original FW so i decided to update to a newer one. Heard good stuff about the Omni so i went for that, so i was using TWRP 2.4.1.0 (i think... i'm sure it was 2.4.x) and on the omni page they said we have to use TWRP 2.6 so i went for an update.

here, i think, i've created my problem. I used the new flashify app to install the TWRP but instead of choose recovery img i choosed to flash the boot and i guess i'd flashed the TWRP on the boot.

well anyaway, now i'd installed the TWRP 2.6.3.1 i manage to start the phone in fastboot and recovery all good here, i install every rom nice and easy over TWRP but the phone simply doesn't start, it gets stuck on Touchscreen Firmware Update please wait.... this happens ALWAYS with what version of TWRP or even if i install CWM...

my guess is that i'd messed up some partition or so i don't really know what but i'd tried to format every partition that TWRP let me and still getting the freackin Touchscreen Frim updt screen... so need some Pro help to help me undo the mistake i'd done...

thanks for everything

Vashiru
Old
Thanks Meter 0
On the official Oppo forum's there's a guide on how to install the latest Omnirom. Under known issues it says:

Quote:
5)After installing the TWRP recovery the Screen Touch firmware update goes on for more than 5-7 minutes, do a hard reboot and you would be fine,
I haven't tried it myself since I didn't get the problem when flashing Omni and Asylum, but it seems to be worth a shot.

In case you are looking for the topic, search for "How to Install OmniRom 4.4".