rangercaptain
Old
Thanks Meter 1627
Rooting is flashing SU binary file.

Androider4Life
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
So at&t sent me a replacement phone. And dammed if it didn't have 4.3 already on it.. I guess goodbye warranty for good.. Unless someone figures out how to reset knox in the future.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Androider4Life For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RustyWedges
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Are you guys talking about the $3, 4, 5/mo. AT&T warranty they offer or the 1 year warranty from Samsung?

I tend to hold on to my phones for a while so tripping KNOX doesn't bother me at all.

emceeprotech
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default KNOX help

Hi all...

Working with my bro in law to root his Note 2. Everything went well, but after rooting KNOX is constantly notifying. There's no KNOX app icon to uninstall with. Terminal emulator won't take SU so I can't disable with that. Titanium backup can't seem to get root access so I can't freeze KNOX with it. Tried removing KNOX files with root explorer as some suggested, but that didn't work either. Root checker says we have root, but can't use any root apps because of KNOX constantly notifying/blocking. Lastly, tried updating Superuser from Play Store, as was suggested here, but the one installed with Odin when rooting appears to be different from any in the market. Tried installing the Clockwork version (blue square behind hashtag), but that's not able to get past KNOX either. Done a ton of reading and starting to run out of things to try. Any suggestions on how to get around/disable/remove KNOX so we can take advantage of root would be greatly appreciated.
Phone: Pebble Blue SGS3
Recovery: N/A
ROM: OTA 4.3

I read a lot and say a little...

Androider4Life
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by emceeprotech View Post
Hi all...

Working with my bro in law to root his Note 2. Everything went well, but after rooting KNOX is constantly notifying. There's no KNOX app icon to uninstall with. Terminal emulator won't take SU so I can't disable with that. Titanium backup can't seem to get root access so I can't freeze KNOX with it. Tried removing KNOX files with root explorer as some suggested, but that didn't work either. Root checker says we have root, but can't use any root apps because of KNOX constantly notifying/blocking. Lastly, tried updating Superuser from Play Store, as was suggested here, but the one installed with Odin when rooting appears to be different from any in the market. Tried installing the Clockwork version (blue square behind hashtag), but that's not able to get past KNOX either. Done a ton of reading and starting to run out of things to try. Any suggestions on how to get around/disable/remove KNOX so we can take advantage of root would be greatly appreciated.
When I updated supersu it asked me if I wanted to disable Knox notification, that worked for me.. I also see in the Wanam Exposed module you can install thru Xposed Installer it has a disable Knox notifications