XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MK1 Email crash?

Tip us?

GaresTaylan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default MK1 Email crash?

Anyone else that is on mk1 having issues with email constantly crashing? Mine suddenly stops multiple times per day. Sometimes im not even using the app. Push email from exchange hits my device and the whole thing freezes for a good 15 seconds or so until the error pops up.

This is the native email app, not gmail on p600. Ive tried resetting the device. I have not tried reflashing again using odin.

ddavtian
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Did you remove or freeze My Magazine? Freezing it affects email app.
The Following User Says Thank You to ddavtian For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dasmoover
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 121
Do you know why this is the case? Why is the email app tied to bloatware?
Anonymous public hosting for android content provided by gitbrew.
Epic 4G Touch, Atrix, Defy, Kindle, Milestone, PS3, Sidekick4G, Thunderbolt, & Xoom
Developers, please contact me for free hosting. All donations go to server costs.

jamaraki8
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Question same problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaresTaylan View Post
Anyone else that is on mk1 having issues with email constantly crashing? Mine suddenly stops multiple times per day. Sometimes im not even using the app. Push email from exchange hits my device and the whole thing freezes for a good 15 seconds or so until the error pops up.

This is the native email app, not gmail on p600. Ive tried resetting the device. I have not tried reflashing again using odin.
my build is jss15j.p600xxubmj6, and i have the same problem,someone sad something about a frozen program, i removed that program en have the same problem, now i will remove the email program, and reinstall it, first i make backup of program,wait, i tel result in a minute.
...... the program is email 4.1 and is system installed, i do this whit titanium backup,i also make backup whit esexplorer,ok its removed,first i reinstall whit titanium, now i tjek if same problem still exist ,remove en restore is complete, now i send myself email,**** same problem !!!, i will uninstall again and now i will try to install but not in system,...no !!! it wil not install in normal mode.. so problem is unresolvable for me, i tjek device access mmmm a **** load, the only thing i see is that there is a connection whit something whit a icon whit a F in it read-SNS-db.

ok my conclusion is ...uck this program, and i will remove it....unless somebody has a solution, i will now use Aqua Mail app not perfect but better than nothing
sorry i cant help you and myself, but you cant say i didn't try

dasmoover
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 121
Adding the apk fixes the issue. Confirmed here.

You can't install it by opening it.
Mount system as r/w
cp MagazineHome.apk /system/apk/
Anonymous public hosting for android content provided by gitbrew.
Epic 4G Touch, Atrix, Defy, Kindle, Milestone, PS3, Sidekick4G, Thunderbolt, & Xoom
Developers, please contact me for free hosting. All donations go to server costs.

yopmania
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasmoover View Post
Adding the apk fixes the issue. Confirmed here.

You can't install it by opening it.
Mount system as r/w
cp MagazineHome.apk /system/apk/
can you explain me "Mount system as r/w " please.

iam using MK1 with Mymagasines frozen via TBackup, then gmail randomly crash, very annoying