Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,865 Members 49,958 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Downgrade Cyanogen 11 to 10 without wipe?

Tip us?

danroh
Old
(Last edited by danroh; 11th January 2014 at 06:15 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Downgrade Cyanogen 11 to 10 without wipe?

Hello, I recently got my Galaxy S4 and I originally installed Cyanogenmod 10.2.
I loved it, it was great. While installing Snapchat, not sure if I miss pressed something.. and I ended up installing something else.
That "something else" turned out to be Cyanogenmod 11. For some reason, it upgraded... now my Call app is different.. battery status looks different... long story short, I hate it. I want to downgrade it.

Is there way to downgrade from 11 to 10.2 without wiping completely?
And if anyone know, what caused the auto update so I dont repeat this?

Thank you guys in advance!

-Dan

--Edit--

Oh and one more thing.. I remember Cyanogen in the past had this option in Settings > Lock Screen > Screen Security > "Show Widgets Before Unlock".
I noticed its no longer there, both on 10 and 11.
Before doing my "pattern unlock", it allowed me to choose the apps I wanted to access. THEN, it gave me the pattern unlock option. Afterwards, I was able to access whatever I have previously selected.
(If that makes sense...)

But now, it doesnt allow me to do this. I have to either choose "only lock screen option" or "pattern security". Cant do both.
Anyone know this as well? <3

Sorry for asking so much, been googling all day.. found couple links with similar problems, but no answers.

Again, thank you very much in advance.
Cheers!

rugmankc
Old
Thanks Meter 1,768
Always do a full wipe btwn versions--include system/data/both caches. I do them 3X.

And you know 10.2 is 4.3 and 11 is Kit Kat--
ATT Samsung Galaxy S4/Rooted/TWRP 2.5.0.2/Wanam Xposed, or Gravity Box/Long Time MultiRom Flasher/Waiting For The Note 4--The Game Changer