[Q] Can Make But Not Receive Calls After Unlock

Tip us?

moomoobaabaa
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Can Make But Not Receive Calls After Unlock

Hello,

I recently bought an S4 from Sprint, but I'm working overseas in Vietnam. They assured me that they had unlocked the phone, but, well, it's Sprint and the phone wasn't unlocked when I put my SIM in. Therefore, I rooted and downgraded my baseband to MDC and did the unlock method, which worked. However, ever since then I haven't been able to receive calls (I can still make them though).

When people call me, the phone rings on their end but nothing shows up on my end.

Here are solutions I've tried:

- Various Roms (Jellybean & Kitkat)
- Upgrading the Baseband to MJA
- Clearing the Cache

Anyone have any ideas what the problem is? Thanks!

silverfox88
Old
(Last edited by silverfox88; 11th January 2014 at 06:11 AM.) Reason: solution
Thanks Meter 2
i have a similar situation My phone is unlocked and working on Orange GSM with TW base rom, but if a put any rom base on 4.4.x it pick up the signal, SMS and Data works but incoming calls doesnt ring even if the other party hear the bip and went i try to dial out it doesnt hang up. Try a Samsung base rom, thats the only working rom for me. Any AOSP or AOKP i can make a call, but cannot received them. But the strange thing is the other party can hear the tone.

Edit 1: Find a possible solution go try this. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2539794

Edit 2: My phone is now working like a charm with AOSP doing the steps on the link

moomoobaabaa
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default 99339335123

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfox88 View Post
i have a similar situation My phone is unlocked and working on Orange GSM with TW base rom, but if a put any rom base on 4.4.x it pick up the signal, SMS and Data works but incoming calls doesnt ring even if the other party hear the bip and went i try to dial out it doesnt hang up. Try a Samsung base rom, thats the only working rom for me. Any AOSP or AOKP i can make a call, but cannot received them. But the strange thing is the other party can hear the tone.

Edit 1: Find a possible solution go try this. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2539794

Edit 2: My phone is now working like a charm with AOSP doing the steps on the link

Worked like a charm, you're my hero.