5,604,122 Members 48,227 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Another bricked Samsung Tab

Tip us?
 
pauldob1
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default [Q] Another bricked Samsung Tab

Hi. My 8.9 tab is rooted and it looks as though it is bricked. (Was working fine so I assume the other half has done a software update). Battery is completely dead and not taking charge. Do I have any options other than using it as a paperweight? Cheers guys
 
omarainea
Old
#2  
omarainea's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 632
Posts: 569
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dammam, Saudi Arabia
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldob1 View Post
Hi. My 8.9 tab is rooted and it looks as though it is bricked. (Was working fine so I assume the other half has done a software update). Battery is completely dead and not taking charge. Do I have any options other than using it as a paperweight? Cheers guys
I didn't understand what is the problem with your device!!!
do you mean you have a battery drain and you're not able to charge it??
 
pauldob1
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by omarainea View Post
I didn't understand what is the problem with your device!!!
do you mean you have a battery drain and you're not able to charge it??
It won't even switch on and will not charge. Looks as though it's been bricked. It will go into download mode though
 
hondax
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 19
Join Date: Dec 2013
Check the charger. My tab will not charge with a normal low power phone charger so I always use the original charger.

Sent from my GT-P7320 using XDA Premium HD app
 
pauldob1
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jan 2014
Tried various chargers, I'm pretty sure this is a firmware/brick issue.
 
omarainea
Old
#6  
omarainea's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 632
Posts: 569
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dammam, Saudi Arabia
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldob1 View Post
It won't even switch on and will not charge. Looks as though it's been bricked. It will go into download mode though
so why won't you install a stock ROM through download mode using odin??
The Following User Says Thank You to omarainea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
shcassacazz
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 8
Join Date: Dec 2013
Are you seeing any error messages on POST? Try to install a stock ROM. If you receive disk write errors in red, you may have had the issue I had (see recent post).

Quote:
Originally Posted by omarainea View Post
so why won't you install a stock ROM through download mode using odin??

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Wearables Walkthrough: Tasker on the Samsung Galaxy Gear – XDA Developer TV

The future certainly looks like it is full of wearables. … more

WinDroid HTC Toolkit Lets You Root, Unlock, and Flash ROMs on Various HTC Devices

Plenty of users nowadays have more than one mobile device. … more

When Using GitHub, Don’t Skimp on Commit History

GitHub has become the epicenter of most open source development work that is posted … more

Verizon Droid DNA to Receive 4.4.2 KitKat + Sense 5.5 OTA This Thursday

The HTC Droid DNAis Verizon’s close cousin to the JapaneseHTC … more