Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,908 Members 53,606 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Moto x function to moto g

Tip us?

ReOmbra
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Default [Q] Moto x function to moto g

Someone known if the function of moto x are available to the moto g after the update to kit kat 4.4.2 ?
- Touchless Controll
- Active Display.

i have seen this page :
motorola-blog.blogspot.it/2013/12/the-download-moto-g-gets-android-442.htm

tkelly0727
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReOmbra View Post
Someone known if the function of moto x are available to the moto g after the update to kit kat 4.4.2 ?
- Touchless Controll
- Active Display.

i have seen this page :
motorola-blog.blogspot.it/2013/12/the-download-moto-g-gets-android-442.htm
no touchless control is only for the moto x because motorola has made their own cpu chipset with allows touchless control without it being a battery killer. someone correct me if i'm wrong.
and active display requires AMOLED display i believe.
Phone:Motorola Moto G
Stock: Stock 4.3

Tablet:Nexus 7 2012
Rom: Stock 4.4
The Following User Says Thank You to tkelly0727 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lost101
Old
Thanks Meter 451
Moto X Features on Moto G: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2543619

The features are only possible through software, and unfortunately battery-draining. The Moto G lacks a low-powered companion core and an amoled screen.

However a good compromise is to install GEL launcher; then you can say "OK Google" on home-screen and say a command. This works well without hitting the battery too hard. Gel on Moto G Thread - Latest version of GEL here.
The Following User Says Thank You to lost101 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ReOmbra
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
ok many thank, beacause i have seen this information and in the market (italy )i look controllo a mani libere..and hope that it was fot moto g .