This is just another guide how to install driver and access nexus 7 2013 in windows XP...
- Get a WMP install for winXP
- Extract it by using command:
wmp11-windowsxp-x86-xx-xx.exe /C /T:[full-path-to-dest-dir]
E:\_TEMP\8\>wmp11-windowsxp-x86-xx-xx.exe /C /T:e:\_temp\8\wmp11\
- Go into extracted directory, we are interested in files: wmfdist11.exe and umdf.exe
- Install them, one is User Mode Driver Framework and other one is "media framework"
- Go to ( eg.: )
- Make a copy of file wpdmtphw.inf and open original one in notepad.
- Find section [VendorModels.NTx86] (or [VendorModels.NTamd64] if you have winxp 64bit)
- At end of section add those lines:
; Nexus 7 2013 LTE
- Reboot your computer. Unplug also your Nexus, also switch off USB Debugging because of that you will see two MTP devices and you might try install MTP drivers for debug (which fail, or windows will yell with code 10...)
- Hook up Nexus and when windows popup about installing drivers, choose that you have driver and the location point to search set to , click next, windows might complain that this driver is not intended to use with this device, so give win a slap and wait patiently until windows install driver
Windows might install drivers twice, just remember to point to windows/inf directory
If for some reason windows still don't want to accept drivers, try adding in inf before lines that your added this line: