This is just another guide how to install driver and access nexus 7 2013 in windows XP...
- Get a WMP install for winXP
- Extract it by using command:
wmp11-windowsxp-x86-xx-xx.exe /C /T:[full-path-to-dest-dir]
E:\_TEMP\8\>wmp11-windowsxp-x86-xx-xx.exe /C /T:e:\_temp\8\wmp11\
- Go into extracted directory, we are interested in files: wmfdist11.exe and umdf.exe
- Install them, one is User Mode Driver Framework and other one is "media framework"
- Go to ( eg.: )
- Make a copy of file wpdmtphw.inf and open original one in notepad.
- Find section [VendorModels.NTx86] (or [VendorModels.NTamd64] if you have winxp 64bit)
- At end of section add line:
; Nexus 7 2013 LTE
- Reboot your computer. Unplug also your Nexus, also switch off USB Debugging because of that you will see two MTP devices and you might try install MTP drivers for debug (which fail, or windows will yell with code 10...)
- Hook up Nexus and when windows popup about installing drivers, choose that you have driver and the location point to search set to , click next, windows might complain that this driver is not intended to use with this device, so give win a slap and wait patiently until windows install driver
Windows might install drivers twice, just remember to point to windows/inf directory
or directory with google usb driver http://developer.android.com/sdk/win-usb.html
After almost a year I noticed I made a hell of mistake
, There should be MI_00 (MI stands for Media Interface 0) not MI_01 (MI 01 is for ADB ). And There is no need for 1st line ( USB\VID_18D1&PID_4EE2&MI_00
I am terribly sorry for committing such basic error.
I already fixed those error in this my "guide"...