Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,094 Members 50,066 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Maps is annoying

Tip us?

Proud2banoob
Old
(Last edited by Proud2banoob; 10th January 2014 at 04:58 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Default Maps is annoying

I tried upgrading from 6.9 to 7.5, but had the same screen shudder issues, so i was downgrading, again. i went for 6.14 this time, but for some reason it's not installing. I have tried a couple of different downloads with ES File Explorer and each has failed to install. Really annoying. I will try to flash it in recovery, from the zip, but I don't have very high hopes. Any ideas?

Edit: I'm an idiot. I hadn't uninstalled 7.5..... Everything's cool.

TripFX
Old
Thanks Meter 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud2banoob View Post
I tried upgrading from 6.9 to 7.5, but had the same screen shudder issues, so i was downgrading, again. i went for 6.14 this time, but for some reason it's not installing. I have tried a couple of different downloads with ES File Explorer and each has failed to install. Really annoying. I will try to flash it in recovery, from the zip, but I don't have very high hopes. Any ideas?

Edit: I'm an idiot. I hadn't uninstalled 7.5..... Everything's cool.
use any cm ION based rom. if you have troubles with installing cm11 or it bugs out on you. try using the adc kernel in cm mass op or cm10.1 or 10.2. CM10.2 now has ion kernel and imo is now better than 10.1 and aoip
N. Tesla need I say more?

Proud2banoob
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripFX View Post
use any cm ION based rom. if you have troubles with installing cm11 or it bugs out on you. try using the adc kernel in cm mass op or cm10.1 or 10.2. CM10.2 now has ion kernel and imo is now better than 10.1 and aoip
I tried it only after installing cars1198's hybrid kernel. That kernel made the phone run faster and use less battery. If wifi worked, I'd be all over it. As it is, I went back to my old kernel and got my WiFi back. Still might use the hybrid kernel. Just have not decided. Maps was not smooth with it, though, with the screen showing static.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using xda app-developers app

TripFX
Old
Thanks Meter 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud2banoob View Post
I tried it only after installing cars1198's hybrid kernel. That kernel made the phone run faster and use less battery. If wifi worked, I'd be all over it. As it is, I went back to my old kernel and got my WiFi back. Still might use the hybrid kernel. Just have not decided. Maps was not smooth with it, though, with the screen showing static.

oh no no. what i mean is he his cm10.1 and cm10.2 everything works including wifi. only other roms like aoip,slimbeam and so on wifi breaks.
N. Tesla need I say more?

Proud2banoob
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripFX View Post
oh no no. what i mean is he his cm10.1 and cm10.2 everything works including wifi. only other roms like aoip,slimbeam and so on wifi breaks.
Thanks. I'm wary of going on CM, though. Everyone uses it. I don't like being one of a crowd. I'm happy for now.