Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,000 Members 49,149 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

T989 Menu Buttons not disabled in call

Tip us?

TheProfiteer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default T989 Menu Buttons not disabled in call

I searched up and down for this, but for some reason when ever I use many of the roms here my menu buttons are still active when I am in call causing me to push the search button and cause google voice search to pop up. This happens way to often.

It doesnt happen when I use the CM Windows based installer to install the rom, but the battery and performance on that is not too great.

Rushing's Roms dont seem to have this but I dont really like touchwiz, and when I try any roms with the uber kernel they all have this bug and I tried to search in those threads for this but the search engine could not find anything.

I think its UBER kernel related, but also the CM Rom with Diablo kernel does the same thing, and I looked up and down in trickster mod control for button behavior but I just cant find it.

Anyone could point me in the right direction at least?

TheProfiteer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
oh come on, anyone?

meekrawb
Old
Thanks Meter 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProfiteer View Post
I searched up and down for this, but for some reason when ever I use many of the roms here my menu buttons are still active when I am in call causing me to push the search button and cause google voice search to pop up. This happens way to often.

It doesnt happen when I use the CM Windows based installer to install the rom, but the battery and performance on that is not too great.

Rushing's Roms dont seem to have this but I dont really like touchwiz, and when I try any roms with the uber kernel they all have this bug and I tried to search in those threads for this but the search engine could not find anything.

I think its UBER kernel related, but also the CM Rom with Diablo kernel does the same thing, and I looked up and down in trickster mod control for button behavior but I just cant find it.

Anyone could point me in the right direction at least?
If it bothers you that much, don't use Uber. Simple.

TheProfiteer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by meekrawb View Post
If it bothers you that much, don't use Uber. Simple.

Its not that I dont want to use UBER or any other Kernel, if its something that IS as a result of the Kernel and everything else is works well I can deal.

but maybe its an issue thats been fixed and I cant seem to locate the thread because I maybe simply do not know how to word it correctly.

meekrawb
Old
Thanks Meter 847
Quote:
Its not that I dont want to use UBER or any other Kernel, if its something that IS as a result of the Kernel and everything else is works well I can deal.

but maybe its an issue thats been fixed and I cant seem to locate the thread because I maybe simply do not know how to word it correctly.
Ahh. So do the ROMs still have the problem if you don't flash a different kernel?

TheProfiteer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Ahh. So do the ROMs still have the problem if you don't flash a different kernel?
been trying it out with various different combinations.

Vanilla AOKP and CM seem ok.

ThDudes's CM 10.2 + Diablo Kernel (Kernel already fused into the rom) button issue still persists, UBER Kernel flashed with TWRP on both AOKP on CM button issue persists.

but then, if I reflash vanilla AOKP or CM through TWRP the issue will still persist.

Its either the Kernel or TWRP, as you "shouldnt" flash UBER through CWP i cant quite isolate the problem.

been going back and forth quite a bit here, I would love to stick with vanilla AOKP or CM but idle battery drain is extremely excessive, and they both crash when trying to change the governor.

I am just trying to find a good stable ground to operate on as I save up for an S4 and to have a well known return point after I go on a flashing spree.

I have only been dabbling with 4.3 based roms, so I havent had the chance to try any previous version roms yet, other than Rushing's Shadow rom which was great with battery, super fast, but sadly had touchwiz which i tried to get used to but it was missing alot of the things I needed.

meekrawb
Old
Thanks Meter 847
Quote:

I am just trying to find a good stable ground to operate on as I save up for an S4 and to have a well known return point after I go on a flashing spree.

I have only been dabbling with 4.3 based roms, so I havent had the chance to try any previous version roms yet, other than Rushing's Shadow rom which was great with battery, super fast, but sadly had touchwiz which i tried to get used to but it was missing alot of the things I needed.
I have been using Slimbean 4.3.1 with @Cl3Kener stable kernel for a long while. It has been rock solid for me.

TheProfiteer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
I have been using Slimbean 4.3.1 with @Cl3Kener stable kernel for a long while. It has been rock solid for me.
I'll have to give that a try. Been out of the loop on slimbean, used it for a little on my S1 Vibrant a while ago.

Just flashed LiquidSmooth, and apart from being only 4.1.2 AOSP, seems to be running pretty well.