Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,898 Members 48,769 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

OTA update keeps failing

Tip us?

jazzyjames
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68
Default OTA update keeps failing

I am working my wife's Note 2 that is running 4.1.2 VRAMC3, I had rooted it and loaded TWRP on it, then she started getting prompts for the OTA for 4.3 the update keeps failing when trying to run it in TWRP, clockworkmod recovery, and i tried using Odin to restore stock recovery and it keeps failing, what are my options to get the OTA without wiping her starting fresh with her phone, my wife doesnt care about modding the phone, I only rooted it for just one app and now we dont need it anymore.

computerslayer
Old
Thanks Meter 37
May I suggest ditching the OTA and flashing the OTA sans locked bootloader image found in the development forum? You get the latest & greatest without losing your unlocked bootloader or root.

To your question of upgrading without data loss: it looks like you are stuck with having to do a fresh install no matter which route you take: flashing a bootloader-free version will require a clean install and installing the locked bootloader version will require the Verizon Software Update application on your computer, which will do the same.

TonikJDK
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Three options.

Disable SDM 1.0 That is the update program. It will stop bugging you and she can stay where she is.

Flash a 4.3 ROM in recovery, that will mean a data wipe.

Follow the thread below to odin back to stock and take the upgrade. You will have a data wipe that way also and you will be bootloader locked probably forever.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2024207

[GUIDE][VZW Edition]How to Root/Rom/Return to Stock the VZW Galaxy Note II!