Originally Posted by Bdvs
I have adb access how would i do it with adb
root explorer wont let me make a text file
1) Using text editor create a text file named "hosts" with the following contents:
If you are on windows make sure you remove the file extension.
2) Connect phone via USB and open command prompt or shell. Make sure USB Debugging is checked under developers options.
3) Check if adb detects your device by typing: adb devices , you should see your device listed, if not please check if your phone has correct USB drivers.
4) Now push the file you created to your phone with this command : adb push /path/to/file/hosts /sdcard/hosts
example: adb push C:\tmp\hosts /sdcard/hosts
5) Now log in to your phone by typing adb shell
6) Switch to super user by typing: su , grant permissions when asked by SuperSU.
7) Mount system in read-write mode by typing: mount -o remount,rw -t yaffsw /dev/block/mtdblk3 /system
8) Move the hosts file to /system/etc by typing: mv /sdcard/hosts /system/etc
9) Browse to /system/etc by typing: cd /system/etc
10) Change file owner and group by typing: chown root:root hosts
11) Change file permissions by typing: chmod 644 hosts
12) Mount system back to read only by typing: mount -o remount,ro -t yaffsw /dev/block/mtdblk3 /system
13) Delete dalvik cache by browsing to cd /data/dalvik-cache and then type rm -f *.dex
14) type exit two times to exit.
15) Reboot phone and it should work.
I believe there might be an easy way or an apk which does this but I haven't tried it.