5,600,571 Members 33,005 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Mods Please delete

Tip us?

pball52998
Old
(Last edited by pball52998; 25th February 2014 at 03:21 AM.) Reason: Got everything fixed, Went noob mode and posted
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Default Mods Please delete

Problem Fixed, Sorry for the Panic.

acejavelin
Old
Thanks Meter 347

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pball52998 View Post
Ok ok ok..... I installed the custom TWRP newest edition and I did a back up of the current system.... So that I could maybe go back to it later or something. I thought I had everything in the file so I put it on my SD card and booted into recovery like it tells you to do. So I did that, I backed everything up. It said I backed everything up!!! It said I backed it up!! But now I don't have the right thing of cynagenmod!!!! I'm freaking out!! I think I'm missing the boot, and my recovery is missing!!! Please someone help!! I'm scared as all get out and don't know what to do!!! PLEASE SOMEONE REPLY!!! Is it I need to flash the boot.img as a fast boot and then it will start but no it wont. Please I'm scared as all get out. Someone somewhere please help me OUT!!!!! IM FREAKING OUT!!! O MY GOD!!!! HELP!!!!!
First... take a deep breath an relax and don't do anything drastic, this is likely recoverable fairly simply... what do you mean your recovery is missing, you can no longer get to TWRP? Are you S-ON or S-OFF? Can you get to Hboot/Fastboot and do you have adb installed and working?
Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Aio Wireless (Beanstalk ROM Official)
Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (CarbonROM KitKat)
Current Tablet: iPad 4 and Nextbook 8 Premium with marxo's N8+ ROM - Revision 1b2 (ICS 4.0.4)
Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Rezound, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

pball52998
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
OK I got everything settled after messing around in twrp it said there was no OS to boot to when I had put on CyanogenMod. So when I tried to install it I forgot to put everything back in it from extracting the boot.img. so it said it failed installation. After that I started to freak put because I tried backing up stock and it wasn't there in anything when I tried to go back, it didn't work... Sooo I set it up to a mount and put CyanogenMod back on with the boot.IMG -,,,,- I had forgot that, but I got it on after that, and all from a Mac when people say I couldn't I did it from a Mac and I got 10.2 installed sorry for posting that last night... I was absolutely freaking out!!!! I didn't know what to do... So as a noob I posted on the forum :c sorry for doing that.. I was just scared
Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1389463975123.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	2509185  
Main Phone:
HTC Rezound:PAC-Man 4.4.2 With SENSE!, Cyanogenmod 11, Sense 5
S-OFF using Rumrunner.
TWRP: 2.3.6.0/PhilZ Advanced CWM

iPad 1st Generation Jailbroken with Green pois0n . iOS 5.1.1
Droid Incredible: Stock (not for long hehe)
HTC EVO 4G the Original OG 4G: Everolv 4.2.2 ;D

acejavelin
Old
Thanks Meter 347

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
OK I got everything settled after messing around in twrp it said there was no OS to boot to when I had put on CyanogenMod. So when I tried to install it I forgot to put everything back in it from extracting the boot.img. so it said it failed installation. After that I started to freak put because I tried backing up stock and it wasn't there in anything when I tried to go back, it didn't work... Sooo I set it up to a mount and put CyanogenMod back on with the boot.IMG -,,,,- I had forgot that, but I got it on after that, and all from a Mac when people say I couldn't I did it from a Mac and I got 10.2 installed sorry for posting that last night... I was absolutely freaking out!!!! I didn't know what to do... So as a noob I posted on the forum :c sorry for doing that.. I was just scared
OK, I am not exactly sure I know what you are saying, but glad its working.
Current Tablet: iPad 4 and Nextbook 8 Premium with marxo's N8+ ROM - Revision 1b2 (ICS 4.0.4)
Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Rezound, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

pball52998
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Sorry.... For not making any sense I just freaked out last night.. Posted on the forums like a noob I know, but after working for 2 hours I figured out how to get it on with a Mac to sorry I made no sense..

Main Phone:
S-OFF using Rumrunner.

acejavelin
Old
Thanks Meter 347

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Sorry.... For not making any sense I just freaked out last night.. Posted on the forums like a noob I know, but after working for 2 hours I figured out how to get it on with a Mac to sorry I made no sense..

Its all good... I am assuming you are S-ON, the key to remember when S-ON is that recovery booted from the phone can't write the boot.img, even from a nandroid backup. If you use fastboot to BOOT recovery, then you can write to the boot partition (where boot.img goes). So the simple fix for your problem yesterday would have been copy TWRP's recovery.img into the fastboot directory, boot it from your PC/MAC via fastboot command, and then restore the nandroid, it should have come up on the next boot with no additional steps... or just go S-OFF now that it is simple and all of this stuff is irrelevant.

pball52998
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Well I plan on going s-off today, if I can. I know you have to do it on windows, which I have small access to. So I should be able to do it. Then I should be s-off then use Scotty's remove tampered banner if possible

Main Phone:
S-OFF using Rumrunner.