Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,194 Members 52,378 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] LG G2 stock rooted (ioroot10). Can't boot past TWRP after OTA update install

Tip us?

amosk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] LG G2 stock rooted (ioroot10). Can't boot past TWRP after OTA update install

I rooted my VZW LG G2 using ioroot10. Last night my phone took the VZW OTA update, and now I can't boot past TWRP.

I tried using autoprime's ioroot17 but it is hanging looking for device. I did have trouble getting the device driver installed. I am manually selecting a ADB device driver after downloading LG_VZW_United_Driver. It installed OK, and I can see my device in adb devices, but the script is still hanging while looking for my device. Any help? I am afraid my phone is bricked

chirawat
Old
(Last edited by chirawat; 11th January 2014 at 07:22 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by amosk View Post
I rooted my VZW LG G2 using ioroot10. Last night my phone took the VZW OTA update, and now I can't boot past TWRP.

I tried using autoprime's ioroot17 but it is hanging looking for device. I did have trouble getting the device driver installed. I am manually selecting a ADB device driver after downloading LG_VZW_United_Driver. It installed OK, and I can see my device in adb devices, but the script is still hanging while looking for my device. Any help? I am afraid my phone is bricked
This worked for my T-Mo G2 last night: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2451696 Make sure you do both the 2 commands - one take care of the fota and the other one the misc files. After I ran the two commands then hit Reboot in TWRP my phone got out of boot loop and works normally.

Good luck!

amosk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by chirawat View Post
This worked for my T-Mo G2 last night: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2451696 Make sure you do both the 2 commands - one take care of the fota and the other one the misc files. After I ran the two commands then hit Reboot in TWRP my phone got out of boot loop and works normally.

Good luck!
Thanks, that worked beautifully on my VZW phone!