Just purchased the Note 8.0...looking for some advice on what I should do with it

11th January 2014, 12:42 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10

128 posts
First and foremost, I'm debating whether to install a custom ROM on it. I have an S3 running Carbon on it (I can't stand Touchwiz...it angers me to no end) and I'm curious whether there's any crucial features that I will lose on the Note 8 if I ROM it.

I recently started a Post Grad program after a few years of being out of school and first and foremost this will be a note taking/E-Textbook device (back in my day, we had to carry multiple 10 pound text books in our back packs...man kids got it good these days!). Which leads me to my next question: what apps would you guys recommend for that? I already have Papyrus installed (haven't used it yet though), but is there anything else worth checking out? Also, are there any particular ROM's or Launchers that are more geared towards a device like this (Pen capabilities and all).

Thanks in advance
11th January 2014, 05:14 AM   |  #2  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 15

135 posts
More
Hi. Note 8 is great device as it is. I would reccomend to stay with touchwiz and original Rom as many custom roms have broken s-pen functionality. Try to update it to newest version - thats all. As for Note talking build in app are top notch IMHO. You have two complete solution - just spend time to learn one of them as they surpass papyrus greatly as a complete solution not only to create but also to manage notes.

Wysłane z mojego GT-N7100 przy użyciu Tapatalka
The Following User Says Thank You to nabuhonodozor For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th January 2014, 07:25 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 54

163 posts
More
Also check out:

LectureNotes + LectureRecordings
Write
ListNote
Audio Master Floating
ezPDF Reader
SimpleMind
Snap Pad Free

And not directly related but brilliant for multitasking and management from within any app:

Taskbar 7
The Following User Says Thank You to FaeMinx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th January 2014, 07:49 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10

128 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaeMinx

Also check out:

LectureNotes + LectureRecordings
Write
ListNote
Audio Master Floating
ezPDF Reader
SimpleMind
Snap Pad Free

And not directly related but brilliant for multitasking and management from within any app:

Taskbar 7

Thanks! That Simple Mind app will be very useful for group work at school.

I just stumbled upon this app and I must say it's amazing. Only in beta, but it's a godsend.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ile.v3_2_store
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread