Question [Q] LG E900 camera button malfunction

Hey you!

About a month ago my LG Optimus 7 started taking pictures without me pressing the camera button (It would open the application by itself).
Then, one day, I was unable to quit the camera application and it was taking pictures non-stop. I was panicked and decided to take the battery out to turn the phone off as soon as possible. When I tried to turn the phone on, the Windows Phone emergency download screen popped up and I found out that I was screwed: my camera button malfunctioned and invoked the emergency download state.

So I've searched the interwebs without luck and decided to open it up. When I finally got it open I saw a black spot on the wires going to the camera button. It looked like it might has been short circuited or has been overcurrented.

Anyways, I'm not that great with hardware and I decided to cut the camera button module off with my toenail scissors. After reassembling the phone it would not show the emegency download screen but would already reboot at the LG logo.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Should I put a bit of solder tin on the end of the wires of the camera button?

After looking in the LG E900 Optimus 7 service manual.pdf I found this:

And a close up of the camera button itself:

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance!
Rutger