Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,915 Members 37,206 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] hard time to upgrade apps on google play store

Tip us?

claus1953
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 89
Default [Q] hard time to upgrade apps on google play store

Since some time now i have a really hard time to upgrade apps on google play store. Sometimes rebooting helps but most of the time not. The upgrade just cannot be dowloaded, it just stucks on the download bar and nothing happens. I try to cancel and retry the upgrade, sometimes after a dozen trials it works but mostly not. WiFi works on all other apps so this should not be the problem. Also space is not a problem as i have enough.
Someone else had such a problem? I have now about 20 apps to upgrade and cannot do that.
(HTC Elfin) sold it
(Samsung Omnia i900L) sold it
SGS I9000T stolen
SGY S5360L sold it
LG P970 (OB) sold it
LG L9 P768g, TELCEL, Stock ROM 4.1.2 V20a (still looking to unlock bootloader without success)
EPad Flytouch 5, The Blazing Dragon by Gaboros ROM

aprilx0x
Old
Thanks Meter 16

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by claus1953 View Post
Since some time now i have a really hard time to upgrade apps on google play store. Sometimes rebooting helps but most of the time not. The upgrade just cannot be dowloaded, it just stucks on the download bar and nothing happens. I try to cancel and retry the upgrade, sometimes after a dozen trials it works but mostly not. WiFi works on all other apps so this should not be the problem. Also space is not a problem as i have enough.
Someone else had such a problem? I have now about 20 apps to upgrade and cannot do that.
That happens to me a lot. I have crappy DSL Internet. I don't have service on my phone right now. I download a lot of movies online so I always get capped. I have 3 boys so i always have a lot of different devices connected to my internet. I go to the play store to update or download apps and half the time i end up with some sort of error codes. Anyways try clearing your cache. But what has worked for is to go my phone browser and download update through there. Its a hassle but you could try it!

Sent from my LGMS769 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to aprilx0x For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

claus1953
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 89
Thanks a lot for your answer. In fact two days ago i could finally slove it. As clearing cache and data from app management did not help, i booted into CWM and cleared from there cache and dalwik cache. Then after rebooting the apps updated without any problem.

Sent from my LG-P768 using xda app-developers app
(HTC Elfin) sold it
(Samsung Omnia i900L) sold it
SGS I9000T stolen
SGY S5360L sold it
LG P970 (OB) sold it
LG L9 P768g, TELCEL, Stock ROM 4.1.2 V20a (still looking to unlock bootloader without success)
EPad Flytouch 5, The Blazing Dragon by Gaboros ROM
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to claus1953 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]