Tip us?

lotherius
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 546

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy! View Post
Anyone here have any knowledge of how to pack/unpack and test a kernel?
Please help out by testing for Franco, so that he can get his kernel to work on Deb...

Sent from Tapatalk, using Tapatalk
I know, but I'm a teacher and it's heading into semester finals for my kids... A teacher's time is never free.

I might be able to help out over christmas break. But I'll also be writing my spring lesson plans.

Our school is going 1:1 technology with student laptops mid-january (yay)... I bought the Nexus 7 so I can access assignments and turned in work while moving about the classroom, so I want it running with the best battery life possible. So I'd definitely like to see franco working.
PHONE: Nexus 4 - Stock 4.4.2 + Franco + Xposed
PREVIOUS PHONES: LG G2X / Vibrant 3G / MyTouch 3G / LG Xenon / HTC G1 / HTC Touch Vogue / Sanyo KATANA / Motorola V220 / Nokia 5160 / Tin Can
TABLET: 2013 Nexus 7 LTE - (Busted Azz Screen)
TABLET 2: 2012 Nexus 7 - Stock / Xposed / Faux123-F2FS
PREVIOUS TABLET: HP TouchPad CM10.x
COMPUTER: Self-Built - AMD Athlon II 440, Unlocked to 4 cores, Overclocked to 3.45 Ghz, 8GB DDR3, OMFG Terabytes (7 TB last count), stuffed in a 2008 Dell XPS 730 case with a 27" AOC Monitor.
Google Plus
The Following User Says Thank You to lotherius For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DeepPurple15X
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Its really disappointing to see so less development in the deb section. I always message the AOKP team on twitter for a deb release, I mean this is a nexus device! I have considered even flashing a FLO rom just to see what happens. But if I mess something up I wouldnt be able to forgive myself. The curse of the android noob.

creative_arc
Old
Thanks Meter 13
if any one from mumbai or pune wants 32gb lte model pm me

abc905
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue910 View Post
Well you have to understand that the US is one of the largest countries on Earth and we expect coverage basically everywhere. US carriers have enormous overhead to cover such a large area and thus, we pay more than other countries because of that. It's simple math, really.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
Well that and the fact that everything is charged as if you have a subsidized, contracted, device. How else can they get their fabulous 50% profit margins?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

oldblue910
Old
(Last edited by oldblue910; 11th January 2014 at 09:02 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2009

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by abc905 View Post
Well that and the fact that everything is charged as if you have a subsidized, contracted, device. How else can they get their fabulous 50% profit margins?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Well most businesses try to double their money, which means 50% profit. That's just an easy way to ensure you stay in business. Of course they have to make big profits in some areas to cover other areas that have zero profitability. If you look at carriers' financial statements, their net profit never equates to 50% of net revenue. It all balances out in the end.

But seriously, look at a country like Australia. It's a "first world" country by even the most conservative definition. Go to Vodafone's or Telstra's website and look at their coverage maps. Those are two of Australia's biggest carriers. See what nationwide coverage means to them? Americans would never stand for coverage that spotty. We demand fast LTE coverage anywhere we go, and we pay the higher rates that accompany it. It's not complicated. There are cheaper alternatives for the more budget conscious.

In America, when it comes to wireless service, you get what you pay for. There is no other network anywhere in the world that can match AT&T or Verizon in terms of reliable coverage, fast data, percentage of population covered, and pure geographical coverage area. Simple as that. That type of wireless coverage doesn't come cheap, no matter what country you're in.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk
XDA's Resident Archivist-in-Chief
Every OTA update for every Nexus and Google Experience device since the Motorola Droid at http://www.randomphantasmagoria.com/firmware.

Model:
Carrier:
ROM:
Radio:
Bootloader:

Samsung Galaxy S5
SM-G900T
T-Mobile
kltetmo 4.4.2/KOT49H
G900TUVU1ANCH
G900TUVU1ANCH

Google Nexus 7