XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cyanogenmod 11 loaded and working

Tip us?

platypoid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thumbs up Cyanogenmod 11 loaded and working

CyanogenMod 11 loaded up and working fine on the Samsung Captivate - no problems came from 10.2 so didn't have to do anything other than make a back up and install . Also installed newest Gapps .

Val D.
Old
Thanks Meter 391
Good, but official CM11 is here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2557481
- HTC Desire 601 LTE, KK Android 4.4.2 (main phone)
- Acer Iconia Tab A200, ICS Android 4.0.3 (games tablet)
- Samsung i896 Captivate, JB Android 4.2.2 (backup phone)
The Following User Says Thank You to Val D. For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

platypoid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Val D. View Post
Yeah I know - I read those - but the XDA forums won't let me post there until I make ten posts in the general areas. So gotta start somewhere.

Ikillez420
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Ok so I have flashed CM11 and it works fine except for "OK Google" doesn't work. I came from OmniRom 4.4 and there's is almost perfect except there is no screenshot without installing framework. So when I do that it makes my Music force close. I wipe and reinstall, wipe and reinstall still no luck. Ant ideas on how to get "ok google" to work? I tried going in and removing the code that is posted in the dev forum but that didn't work for me either. Otherwise great job everybody.

platypoid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikillez420 View Post
Ok so I have flashed CM11 and it works fine except for "OK Google" doesn't work. I came from OmniRom 4.4 and there's is almost perfect except there is no screenshot without installing framework. So when I do that it makes my Music force close. I wipe and reinstall, wipe and reinstall still no luck. Ant ideas on how to get "ok google" to work? I tried going in and removing the code that is posted in the dev forum but that didn't work for me either. Otherwise great job everybody.
Maybe it will get fixed on one of the new nightlies . There always seem to be a lot of bugs in these new versions that get fixed eventually. For me MX player worked but after the newest nightly yesterday then it wouldn't load up. But I found the built in video player is working fine.

Val D.
Old
Thanks Meter 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by platypoid View Post
For me MX player worked but after the newest nightly yesterday then it wouldn't load up.
It's MX Player issue, not CM11.
- HTC Desire 601 LTE, KK Android 4.4.2 (main phone)
- Acer Iconia Tab A200, ICS Android 4.0.3 (games tablet)
- Samsung i896 Captivate, JB Android 4.2.2 (backup phone)
The Following User Says Thank You to Val D. For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

platypoid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default MX works again - camera fixed with clearing data

Quote:
Originally Posted by Val D. View Post
It's MX Player issue, not CM11.
Yes - the newest update of MX now works. The camera didn't work in the newest CM11 nightly but I used Titanium Backup to find the camera app and cleared the data and that fixed the problem.

mckawa
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Mic Only no sound on phone calls with Hangouts enabled

Currently on Cyanogenmod cm-11-20140108-NIGHTLY-captivatemtd.

During phone calls the other party cannot hear me. Using Groundwire sip client no problems with voice both ways.

When I disable Hangouts the mic functions normally. I have tried factory resets and re flashing without success.

I also had this problem on 10.2 but did not diagnose the problem. I had resolved this problem previously on a ROM (not CM) by flashing an upgraded ROM. This was before Hangouts I think it was the Illuminiance ROM.

I don't have access to XDA developer forums.

I had no success in google so has this been reported before and should I report it on a different forum?.

Wayne