Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,421 Members 39,009 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

The best ROM for music performance

Tip us?
 
fliperpl
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 249
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cracow
Default The best ROM for music performance

Hey guys. I want to do my phone to get the best music performance. What rom should i flash? For now i have 4.0.4 with Whole Xperia Z sheet,you think something based of 4.4.2 will have better sound quality?

ofc i am talking about live with walkman
PC:
CPU: Athlon II X3 455 @ 3.48ghz + CM HyperTX3 / MOBO: Gigabyte GA-M770T-UD3P / RAM: A-data DDR3 2x2gb 1600mhz Game v2 / GPU: Palit GTX275 / PSU : OCZ SXS2 600W / CASE : Brutus 410 / Headphones: Superlux HD668b / Speakers : Genius SP-HF1800A / Mouse: Genius Maurus / SoundCard Soundblaster Xi-Fi Xtreme Music / Keyboard: Dell KB212-B / Monitor: Acer G245HQ

Mobile
Sony Ericsson Xperia Play
Sony Live with Walkman WT19
 
andogeek10
Old
#2  
andogeek10's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 601
Posts: 1,285
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mumbai
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliperpl View Post
Hey guys. I want to do my phone to get the best music performance. What rom should i flash? For now i have 4.0.4 with Whole Xperia Z sheet,you think something based of 4.4.2 will have better sound quality?

ofc i am talking about live with walkman
ROM is a matter of personal opinion. Whichever ROM a person chooses to use is because that ROM appeals to that individual. Therefore, it is not easy to suggest a ROM, as what a person likes is not necessarily what the other person would like.

Also it is not necessary to change a ROM to obtain good sound performance. There are enough sound mod in XDA to satisfy a person's need, without him or her changing a ROM. You can try Viper audio mod (which I would personally recommend, especially for the wide variety of opetions available) or the Acid audio mod or Beats audio mod etc. Sound performance would also depend on your music player. Players like PowerAmp, Player Pro etc, offer a lot of control over how the sound quality would be like.

Sent from my SK17i using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
fliperpl
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 249
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cracow
Quote:
Originally Posted by andogeek10 View Post
ROM is a matter of personal opinion. Whichever ROM a person chooses to use is because that ROM appeals to that individual. Therefore, it is not easy to suggest a ROM, as what a person likes is not necessarily what the other person would like.

Also it is not necessary to change a ROM to obtain good sound performance. There are enough sound mod in XDA to satisfy a person's need, without him or her changing a ROM. You can try Viper audio mod (which I would personally recommend, especially for the wide variety of opetions available) or the Acid audio mod or Beats audio mod etc. Sound performance would also depend on your music player. Players like PowerAmp, Player Pro etc, offer a lot of control over how the sound quality would be like.

Sent from my SK17i using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yeah ofc i know that,but on my secound phone i tryed alot of roms,with have good sound quality,or a little lower. Its a difference between dll's

Also i had Viper audio,its not bad but battery drain is just horrible. About 40% faster my phone is dead with this mod. Thats why i am asking with one ROM for live with walkman will have good sound mod's like Xperia Z walkman "pure performance"
PC:
CPU: Athlon II X3 455 @ 3.48ghz + CM HyperTX3 / MOBO: Gigabyte GA-M770T-UD3P / RAM: A-data DDR3 2x2gb 1600mhz Game v2 / GPU: Palit GTX275 / PSU : OCZ SXS2 600W / CASE : Brutus 410 / Headphones: Superlux HD668b / Speakers : Genius SP-HF1800A / Mouse: Genius Maurus / SoundCard Soundblaster Xi-Fi Xtreme Music / Keyboard: Dell KB212-B / Monitor: Acer G245HQ

Mobile
Sony Ericsson Xperia Play
Sony Live with Walkman WT19
 
bejunk
Old
#4  
bejunk's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,363
Posts: 1,264
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Berlin

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliperpl View Post
Hey guys. I want to do my phone to get the best music performance. What rom should i flash? For now i have 4.0.4 with Whole Xperia Z sheet,you think something based of 4.4.2 will have better sound quality?
ofc i am talking about live with walkman
u think wrong bro, its not rom :P
i would tell u choose A ROM. to ur liking 1st. bcuz this is the real deal. soundmods are a bit unversally so it dont matters.

just to list: (works on(above GB))

Viper's Audio --> CM, & STOCK up to 4.4
Sony Audio (WALKMAN) cm & stock up to 4.4
DSP manager - is only on CM (or DiY) probably this will have lowest effect on battery bcuz its very stripped down in sound ench.
acid audio is too buggy/not really for our devices
those ''beats'' audio mods are more like a joke.

i would say CM is allways best in battery even if u dont will use 4.2+ , switch to cm (even cm9) will give u huge improvement.
soundmod its up to u.
.../// LT18i /// LegacyXperia 4.4.4 /// baseband .77 ///...
 
 
fliperpl
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 249
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Cracow
Quote:
Originally Posted by bejunk View Post
u think wrong bro, its not rom :P
i would tell u choose A ROM. to ur liking 1st. bcuz this is the real deal. soundmods are a bit unversally so it dont matters.

just to list: (works on(above GB))

Viper's Audio --> CM, & STOCK up to 4.4
Sony Audio (WALKMAN) cm & stock up to 4.4
DSP manager - is only on CM (or DiY) probably this will have lowest effect on battery bcuz its very stripped down in sound ench.
acid audio is too buggy/not really for our devices
those ''beats'' audio mods are more like a joke.

i would say CM is allways best in battery even if u dont will use 4.2+ , switch to cm (even cm9) will give u huge improvement.
soundmod its up to u.

thanks for information. Now i am on 4.0.4 Zelly Cream 4.0 and sound works perfect with not bad battery. I think i will stay on it for a little time.
PC:
CPU: Athlon II X3 455 @ 3.48ghz + CM HyperTX3 / MOBO: Gigabyte GA-M770T-UD3P / RAM: A-data DDR3 2x2gb 1600mhz Game v2 / GPU: Palit GTX275 / PSU : OCZ SXS2 600W / CASE : Brutus 410 / Headphones: Superlux HD668b / Speakers : Genius SP-HF1800A / Mouse: Genius Maurus / SoundCard Soundblaster Xi-Fi Xtreme Music / Keyboard: Dell KB212-B / Monitor: Acer G245HQ

Mobile
Sony Ericsson Xperia Play
Sony Live with Walkman WT19
The Following User Says Thank You to fliperpl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
rajesh07
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliperpl View Post
thanks for information. Now i am on 4.0.4 Zelly Cream 4.0 and sound works perfect with not bad battery. I think i will stay on it for a little time.
Hey guys!
I am using live with walkman, I flash cm10.2 android 4.3.1
But I lost my walkman app and album, after I fix new walkman zip 5.0 ibaze7. It say's unfortunately walkman has stopped.
Pls help how to fix walkman app and album ,mobile bravia pls help....
 
bejunk
Old
#7  
bejunk's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,363
Posts: 1,264
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Berlin

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh07 View Post
Hey guys!
I am using live with walkman, I flash cm10.2 android 4.3.1
But I lost my walkman app and album, after I fix new walkman zip 5.0 ibaze7. It say's unfortunately walkman has stopped.
Pls help how to fix walkman app and album ,mobile bravia pls help....
seems like u have no idea what u doing here -_ - ,,, lol

use the version from his brother, rizal lovins
.../// LT18i /// LegacyXperia 4.4.4 /// baseband .77 ///...
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Change Your Samsung Galaxy S2’s Dialer Background in Real Time

As with anything, if youve looked at something long enough, things can … more

Increase Your Multitasking Workflow with C-Floating Windows

Technology has put life on the fast track. Lazy, relaxed days have turned into … more

Compile Your Own Kernel From Source with Comprehensive Tutorial

One glance at any developer section of any device forum on XDA and youll find … more

WowWee Mip – Android Accessory Review – XDA Developer TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about … more