flash from 2.3.3 to 4.x

OP rayiskon

11th January 2014, 09:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,200

1,941 posts
Hello all, i need help from you i9000 folks

My friend asked me if i could flash a newer android version on her i9000 that is still stock 2.3.3 , never rooted or flashed. I've owned a i9001 and i9300 so i'm familiar with odin and flashing of samsung devices, my only concern is that i've read a lot about losing IMEI and thus mobile signal. i've also read that it's not advised to flash to a JB version directly from stock 2.3, is that right?
So basically if i want to flash one of the 4.3 or 4.4 roms what's the procedure here? Are there any special steps/precautions before flashing over 2.3.3 ?
11th January 2014, 11:31 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Philippines
Thanks Meter: 2,235

3,920 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayiskon

Hello all, i need help from you i9000 folks

My friend asked me if i could flash a newer android version on her i9000 that is still stock 2.3.3 , never rooted or flashed. I've owned a i9001 and i9300 so i'm familiar with odin and flashing of samsung devices, my only concern is that i've read a lot about losing IMEI and thus mobile signal. i've also read that it's not advised to flash to a JB version directly from stock 2.3, is that right?
So basically if i want to flash one of the 4.3 or 4.4 roms what's the procedure here? Are there any special steps/precautions before flashing over 2.3.3 ?

Basically , you need to follow how the Android OS was cooked, its froyo>GB>ICS>JB>Kit Kat, doing this will have all the ingredients, jumping from one to the other may lack some ingredients

anyway, just follow this [Tutorial] How to Unbrick, Flash, Downgrade, Root, Update i9000 from Froyo to Kit Kat

The Following User Says Thank You to xsenman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread