flash from 2.3.3 to 4.x

Tip us?

rayiskon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1017
Default flash from 2.3.3 to 4.x

Hello all, i need help from you i9000 folks

My friend asked me if i could flash a newer android version on her i9000 that is still stock 2.3.3 , never rooted or flashed. I've owned a i9001 and i9300 so i'm familiar with odin and flashing of samsung devices, my only concern is that i've read a lot about losing IMEI and thus mobile signal. i've also read that it's not advised to flash to a JB version directly from stock 2.3, is that right?
So basically if i want to flash one of the 4.3 or 4.4 roms what's the procedure here? Are there any special steps/precautions before flashing over 2.3.3 ?

xsenman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2143
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayiskon View Post
Hello all, i need help from you i9000 folks

My friend asked me if i could flash a newer android version on her i9000 that is still stock 2.3.3 , never rooted or flashed. I've owned a i9001 and i9300 so i'm familiar with odin and flashing of samsung devices, my only concern is that i've read a lot about losing IMEI and thus mobile signal. i've also read that it's not advised to flash to a JB version directly from stock 2.3, is that right?
So basically if i want to flash one of the 4.3 or 4.4 roms what's the procedure here? Are there any special steps/precautions before flashing over 2.3.3 ?
Basically , you need to follow how the Android OS was cooked, its froyo>GB>ICS>JB>Kit Kat, doing this will have all the ingredients, jumping from one to the other may lack some ingredients

anyway, just follow this [Tutorial] How to Unbrick, Flash, Downgrade, Root, Update i9000 from Froyo to Kit Kat

The Following User Says Thank You to xsenman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]