Ask a question

No registration required

Any OS faster than Android?

OP lolpok

11th January 2014, 11:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23

176 posts
Hey, is there any OS that i can install on Android that is faster than Android? i mean more smooth and better performance, how is firefox OS and ubuntu touch compared to Android in performance? thanks in advance
11th January 2014, 11:59 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,246

3,190 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolpok

Hey, is there any OS that i can install on Android that is faster than Android? i mean more smooth and better performance, how is firefox OS and ubuntu touch compared to Android in performance? thanks in advance

Actually, Firefox OS runs quite smooth on most devices but to run Firefox OS you need a quite decent device to run it smooth, and the same goes with Ubuntu Touch. So if you have a ArmV6 device you will not be able to run this, as it will lag also Firefox OS and Ubuntu Touch works on ArmV7 only out of the box.
The Following User Says Thank You to GethPrime For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th January 2014, 01:16 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23

176 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by devstaff

Actually, Firefox OS runs quite smooth on most devices but to run Firefox OS you need a quite decent device to run it smooth, and the same goes with Ubuntu Touch. So if you have a ArmV6 device you will not be able to run this, as it will lag also Firefox OS and Ubuntu Touch works on ArmV7 only out of the box.

Hi, thanks for reply. So you mean if i have enough SoC performance then it will run smoother than what the mobile will do on Android?
12th January 2014, 01:18 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,246

3,190 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolpok

Hi, thanks for reply. So you mean if i have enough SoC performance then it will run smoother than what the mobile will do on Android?

Really depends on, but those 2 OS's doesn't have that many apps and aren't as advanced as Android currently is either. So I would suggest you to stick with Android.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread