Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,159 Members 45,509 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Root error

Tip us?

nickiallstr
Old
(Last edited by nickiallstr; 9th January 2014 at 09:18 AM.) Reason: add
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Root error

Hello, I've been wanting to root my HTC One for a while and now I actually sat down and began searching for guides etc and I went on htconeroot.com and used their guide but whenever I try to even finish the first step, I get the message "adb unable to connect for backup"

this makes 0 sense to my mind as I've never really tried modifying things in batch before, I just want to root it so I can use the google rom

relevant information: stock android 4.3 sense 5.5, using pc with w8
guide I used but didn't work due to bat message: htconeroot.com/ htc-one-root/how-to-root-htc-one-windowsmaclinux

edit: testing with hasoon200 toolkit I can't get past token ID cause it says error device offline

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 1046

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickiallstr View Post
Hello, I've been wanting to root my HTC One for a while and now I actually sat down and began searching for guides etc and I went on htconeroot.com and used their guide but whenever I try to even finish the first step, I get the message "adb unable to connect for backup"

this makes 0 sense to my mind as I've never really tried modifying things in batch before, I just want to root it so I can use the google rom

relevant information: stock android 4.3 sense 5.5, using pc with w8
guide I used but didn't work due to bat message: htconeroot.com/ htc-one-root/how-to-root-htc-one-windowsmaclinux

edit: testing with hasoon200 toolkit I can't get past token ID cause it says error device offline
Did you tried the official XDA method? Very easy.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-one#root
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot

ketto
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Im also having problems with rooting. I unlocked my bootloader, instaled twrp and even installed the viper rom. After going back to my recovery of the original rom, Im having problems with root, cant install any rom and when i try to re root it, console shows me error:device offline. I updated all of the drivers. I used All in one kit by hasoon2000 for everything. Any ideas anyone?

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 884

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketto View Post
Im also having problems with rooting. I unlocked my bootloader, instaled twrp and even installed the viper rom. After going back to my recovery of the original rom, Im having problems with root, cant install any rom and when i try to re root it, console shows me error:device offline. I updated all of the drivers. I used All in one kit by hasoon2000 for everything. Any ideas anyone?
download and install from recovery
http://download.chainfire.eu/372/Sup...erSU-v1.86.zip
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

ketto
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Tnx, Ill try that