Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,206 Members 44,059 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Flash new bootloader

Tip us?

Zorigo
Old
(Last edited by Zorigo; 8th January 2014 at 01:26 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Default [Q] Flash new bootloader

Hi there

So, I can't enter recovery when I go into the bootloader to do so. I click 'recovery' and it just shows the black start up screen with the google logo. And nothing else happens. Ever. I reflashed recovery, and was able to get into recovery to install a new rom. However, after that one time, I was once again, unable to enter recovery. Now I haven't the time to be reflashing recovery just to get into it every time I want to, so I looked for a solution.

I did some reading around and apparently it's the bootloader version I'm using. (According to post five in this thread, and my assumption that I'm having a similar problem to this thread's OP.

Now if that is the solution to my problem as well, I need a bit of help. I can't find a file for the old bootloader, nor do I have any idea how to flash an old bootloader. (And please know, I wouldn't be asking had a google search not come up fruitless).

EDIT: Would flashing a completely stock 4.4.2 image update my bootloader? I wouldn't mind doing that, rooting that, and then just installing purity rom or something.
An Xperia SP C5303 running HonamiUltraizeD White
Did I help you? Did anyone help you? Hit THANKS!

MAX 404
Old
(Last edited by MAX 404; 8th January 2014 at 09:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorigo View Post
Hi there

So, I can't enter recovery when I go into the bootloader to do so. I click 'recovery' and it just shows the black start up screen with the google logo. And nothing else happens. Ever. I reflashed recovery, and was able to get into recovery to install a new rom. However, after that one time, I was once again, unable to enter recovery. Now I haven't the time to be reflashing recovery just to get into it every time I want to, so I looked for a solution.

I did some reading around and apparently it's the bootloader version I'm using. (According to post five in this thread, and my assumption that I'm having a similar problem to this thread's OP.

Now if that is the solution to my problem as well, I need a bit of help. I can't find a file for the old bootloader, nor do I have any idea how to flash an old bootloader. (And please know, I wouldn't be asking had a google search not come up fruitless).

EDIT: Would flashing a completely stock 4.4.2 image update my bootloader? I wouldn't mind doing that, rooting that, and then just installing purity rom or something.

Hi Mate ,

I been looking for the same but for other reasons , to flash it is not too difficult for what i see in this thread tell how to do it manually:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2150251

or

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2417097

in the first one they even have a zip version of it which should install like any other zip from recovery

Also you can use a tool kit like NRT which makes life a lot easier once you got the bootloader image...(advance utilities)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1766475

My problem is that i do not know where can i get the different bootloader images...

To your question i think so , bootloader should be included in the factory image......downloading one to confirm.

also check this information

http://trendblog.net/flash-android-4...xus-4-nexus-7/
The Following User Says Thank You to MAX 404 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kilometers4
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2881

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX 404 View Post
.snip.
My problem is that i do not know where can i get the different bootloader images...
.snip.
If you download the factory image, extract it, the bootloader is in the folder. Then just flash through fastboot. Just make sure you download the correct bootloader for your device
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kilometers4 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Zorigo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
For anyone reading this thread, my solution was too move to the 4.32 bootloader from JWR66V. I flashed the .img file from this thread using Wugfresh's fantastic toolkit. (linked to in the 2nd post of this thread).
An Xperia SP C5303 running HonamiUltraizeD White
Did I help you? Did anyone help you? Hit THANKS!

kilometers4
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2881

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorigo View Post
For anyone reading this thread, my solution was too move to the 4.32 bootloader from JWR66V. I flashed the .img file from this thread using Wugfresh's fantastic toolkit. (linked to in the 2nd post of this thread).
I would recommend learning how to use adb and fastboot. Toolkits do not always work as expected and you will then need to use fastboot to fix it
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kilometers4 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]