Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,501 Members 45,958 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Speech to text not working with bluetooth

Tip us?

big shakka
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Speech to text not working with bluetooth

Needing help to figure why on my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - when my bluetooth headset is connected - the speech to text freezes and hibernates and wont allow me to input voice to simply reply to texts and emails without typing - has anyone else encountered this problem?

nullmem
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by big shakka View Post
Needing help to figure why on my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - when my bluetooth headset is connected - the speech to text freezes and hibernates and wont allow me to input voice to simply reply to texts and emails without typing - has anyone else encountered this problem?
which version of android? which rom? which text to speech app/engine? ... fyi, recent versions of android have been plagued with BT headset issues, primarily with mic routing, its entirely possible this is just a Bluetooth bug.

big shakka
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullmem View Post
which version of android? which rom? which text to speech app/engine? ... fyi, recent versions of android have been plagued with BT headset issues, primarily with mic routing, its entirely possible this is just a Bluetooth bug.
Android version 4.12 - stock Galaxy Note 2 Rom - stock speech to text engine - the problem is with Samsung devices and when the bluetooth devices is connected - when u press the microphone on the keyboard the process just freezes and wont go any further unless you turn off the bluetooth connection - i saw a fix on you tube saying that you have to turn on touch sounds and it will work - tried that and still no fix....so aggravating

broexist
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Does your bt device work fine otherwise?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk