XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stuck on logo, can't detect phone

Tip us?

KamenPurin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Stuck on logo, can't detect phone

Ok, first of all, I have been searching these forums and google all day, so please at least consider reading my question.

So today I decided to finally update my Xperia Arc S to Jelly Bean with CyanogenMod. I own this device for 2 years and all I have done hack-wise was rooting it.
And what the problem is? The update failed, and according to what I have read, this may have been caused due to insufficient internal memory. After that, my phone rebooted and it just can't boot now, it gets stuck with the Sony Ericsson logo.

I also have read that possible solutions were: Update with PCC, SEUS, Flash it with a Stock ROM, flash a stock kernel... And I CAN'T do any of these. PCC and SEUS just don't recognize my phone, SEUS doesn't even have Arc S on the list! The closest i have got to solving the problem was with flashtool, in which I got this happy message "15/044/2013 20:44:42 - ERROR - Error flashing. Aborted" over and over. Having read that this could be caused by the kernel, I tried flashing it instead. But after installing DroidSDK, I can't detect any devices using the "adb devices" command.

Any ideas? If I am just being stupid, I'm sorry, but I swear I searched a hell lot before posting this >_>

Someguyfromhell
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1904

DONATE TO ME
Even the repair option in PC Companion?

Leofang
Old
Thanks Meter 0
First - sorry for my english.
Second - try this:
Deattach battery from phone and connect the charge. LED must be green. Wait for ~10 min & then try to flash via Flashtool again and again. Please be patient. In some situations successful flashing might be on 5-6 flashing.

pren22
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamenPurin View Post
Ok, first of all, I have been searching these forums and google all day, so please at least consider reading my question.

So today I decided to finally update my Xperia Arc S to Jelly Bean with CyanogenMod. I own this device for 2 years and all I have done hack-wise was rooting it.
And what the problem is? The update failed, and according to what I have read, this may have been caused due to insufficient internal memory. After that, my phone rebooted and it just can't boot now, it gets stuck with the Sony Ericsson logo.

I also have read that possible solutions were: Update with PCC, SEUS, Flash it with a Stock ROM, flash a stock kernel... And I CAN'T do any of these. PCC and SEUS just don't recognize my phone, SEUS doesn't even have Arc S on the list! The closest i have got to solving the problem was with flashtool, in which I got this happy message "15/044/2013 20:44:42 - ERROR - Error flashing. Aborted" over and over. Having read that this could be caused by the kernel, I tried flashing it instead. But after installing DroidSDK, I can't detect any devices using the "adb devices" command.

Any ideas? If I am just being stupid, I'm sorry, but I swear I searched a hell lot before posting this >_>
You have installed PcC,SEUS,good.Install gordon flash just in case(look for it on google)!Install flashtool on your pc,turn your Arc on(i know it's bootlooping,but try it can't hurt),run flashtool(just run it),connect your phone(it must be ON),and leave it for a while and see if flashtooo is recognizing your phone(if it does there will be some lines)!.-If this works continue!Download stock .ftf file for lt18i!
I suppose you know how to use flashtool?!.
Try that if that doesn't work SEUS will work and it has Arc and Arc S just look a bit,i know 'cause i have it.PcC won't work 'cause your phone isn't booting up,Well at least it never worked for me when i bricked my arc like this,but did work flashtool,always.I couldn't use SEUS 'cause of a bootloader unlocked.
Good luck,hope you'll fix it and next time,before flashing read the thread twice and follow the exacted steps,no jumping...
P.S for flashing JB you need to have ICS inatalled and i'think bootloader unlocked(not sure)...Cheers

Sent from my Xperia Arc LT15i using XDA

rikardo88
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy stuck on logo

I am having the same problem, my arc s is stuck on the sony logo, i tried using flashtool but it is always giving me this error :"12/000/2014 02:00:22 - ERROR - 12/000/2014 02:00:22 - ERROR - Error flashing. Aborted".
i tried using SEUS but it doesn't recognize the phone
I don't know what else to do , need help