[Q] Installed CM10.2, but stock still taking up several GB of space on EMMC

OP jb0756

12th January 2014, 02:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
So I just recently installed cm10.2 onto my nook hd+, During the process while booted into CWM I selected the wipe data/factory reset, then installed cm10.2 onto EMMC. Problem is when I load cm10.2 it shows that 7gb of data is being used on a brand new load without any apps or videos. I've ran the storage management from a file manager and it only shows maybe 100mb being used. This tells me somewhere the stock OS with any apps/videos I had is still on the EMMC. Is there any way to delete this?
12th January 2014, 02:50 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,655

8,343 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb0756

So I just recently installed cm10.2 onto my nook hd+, During the process while booted into CWM I selected the wipe data/factory reset, then installed cm10.2 onto EMMC. Problem is when I load cm10.2 it shows that 7gb of data is being used on a brand new load without any apps or videos. I've ran the storage management from a file manager and it only shows maybe 100mb being used. This tells me somewhere the stock OS with any apps/videos I had is still on the EMMC. Is there any way to delete this?

Did you have media files on stock? If so, doing a factory reset does not wipe the media files. You must go to CWM "mounts and storage" and format "data and datamedia" to get it completely wiped.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to leapinlar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th January 2014, 02:53 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar

Did you have media files on stock? If so, doing a factory reset does not wipe the media files. You must go to CWM "mounts and storage" and format "data and datamedia" to get it completely wiped.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using XDA Premium HD app

Can this be done now that cm10.2 is installed with apps, without deleting cm10.2 and its apps? Or do I have to delete EVERYTHING and then re-install cm10.2
12th January 2014, 03:02 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb0756

Can this be done now that cm10.2 is installed with apps, without deleting cm10.2 and its apps? Or do I have to delete EVERYTHING and then re-install cm10.2

Never mind, I followed your instructions because I didn't have much to loose. For anyone with the same problem, I did have media on my stock os when I did a factory reset and that is why the new install didn't show all my storage available. Using the format data in CWM erased all of the left over media, it also erased all the apps and data I placed on my CM10.2 os. Still I only started loading apps so it won't take long to reinstall them.
12th January 2014, 03:14 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,655

8,343 posts
Donate to Me
More
You said you formatted 'data'. You need to format 'data and datamedia'.

And if you had done a nandroid backup first you could have saved the /data portion.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to leapinlar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread