5,594,221 Members 44,737 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Installed CM10.2, but stock still taking up several GB of space on EMMC

Tip us?

jb0756
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Installed CM10.2, but stock still taking up several GB of space on EMMC

So I just recently installed cm10.2 onto my nook hd+, During the process while booted into CWM I selected the wipe data/factory reset, then installed cm10.2 onto EMMC. Problem is when I load cm10.2 it shows that 7gb of data is being used on a brand new load without any apps or videos. I've ran the storage management from a file manager and it only shows maybe 100mb being used. This tells me somewhere the stock OS with any apps/videos I had is still on the EMMC. Is there any way to delete this?

leapinlar
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3395

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb0756 View Post
So I just recently installed cm10.2 onto my nook hd+, During the process while booted into CWM I selected the wipe data/factory reset, then installed cm10.2 onto EMMC. Problem is when I load cm10.2 it shows that 7gb of data is being used on a brand new load without any apps or videos. I've ran the storage management from a file manager and it only shows maybe 100mb being used. This tells me somewhere the stock OS with any apps/videos I had is still on the EMMC. Is there any way to delete this?
Did you have media files on stock? If so, doing a factory reset does not wipe the media files. You must go to CWM "mounts and storage" and format "data and datamedia" to get it completely wiped.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using XDA Premium HD app
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2 here
The Following User Says Thank You to leapinlar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jb0756
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar View Post
Did you have media files on stock? If so, doing a factory reset does not wipe the media files. You must go to CWM "mounts and storage" and format "data and datamedia" to get it completely wiped.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using XDA Premium HD app

Can this be done now that cm10.2 is installed with apps, without deleting cm10.2 and its apps? Or do I have to delete EVERYTHING and then re-install cm10.2

jb0756
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb0756 View Post
Can this be done now that cm10.2 is installed with apps, without deleting cm10.2 and its apps? Or do I have to delete EVERYTHING and then re-install cm10.2

Never mind, I followed your instructions because I didn't have much to loose. For anyone with the same problem, I did have media on my stock os when I did a factory reset and that is why the new install didn't show all my storage available. Using the format data in CWM erased all of the left over media, it also erased all the apps and data I placed on my CM10.2 os. Still I only started loading apps so it won't take long to reinstall them.

leapinlar
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3395

DONATE TO ME
You said you formatted 'data'. You need to format 'data and datamedia'.

And if you had done a nandroid backup first you could have saved the /data portion.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2 here
The Following User Says Thank You to leapinlar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]