Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,363 Members 43,603 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] help storing back to stock ROM on HTC One

Tip us?

poncho558
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] help storing back to stock ROM on HTC One

Hi, I'm new here. I need help restoring my HTC One back to the stock ROM. It is with virgin mobile in Canada. I'm trying to unlock my phone from virgin but having trouble and figure it can be from being on a stock ROM.

I have been reading for about an hour and searching for the stock RUU. Before I forget, I'm running OMNI ROM on android 4.4.2 and have CWM recovery installed.

Anyways back to topic. I couldn't find any RUU's for my device but read on here that you can restore using a nandroid backup if you can find one. Now me and my brother both got an HTC One at the same time but I went through so many ROMs and customizing it. I started with CWM and made a back up of the stock rom but kept getting errors with some ROMs so switched to TWRP and couldn't use it anymore. With android 4.4 I needed to go back to CWM but in some point when tesering ROMs I only had 3GB free of space so did a wipe and fresh install so I don't think that the original back up is still there somewhere.

Anyways. I have my brothers HTC One here and that's stock. Nothing modified what so ever. Can I make a nandroid back up or use a tool to extract the firmware from his phone and somehow use it to restore my phone back to stock, unroot, relock boot loader and get rid of the *tampered* flag in fast boot?

The phones still on contract, only had it for like 4 months and thinking of giving it back and getting an upgrade to the One Max or when the One 2 comes out but I don't think Virgin mobile will allow me to since the phones been tampered with.

SaHiLzZ
Old
Thanks Meter 417
Hi. I have created a Canadian stock thread. See of it helps. It is linked in my signature
The Following User Says Thank You to SaHiLzZ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]