5,598,718 Members 37,698 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] At&t samsung galaxy s4 i337 not booting into os

Tip us?
 
AlwaysBeen
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default [Q] At&t samsung galaxy s4 i337 not booting into os

Hello there! I recently had purchased a Samsung Galaxy s4. I did not really enjoy touchwiz. I really wanted Google Play Edition. Anyways, my phone is stuck in ODIN mode with a message saying "Downloading... Do not turn off target!" I know that you can enter download mode and hit cancel to boot. But, my issue is different. Listen. I got safestrap on my s4, and it worked perfectly. I backed up my phone and installed Google Play Edition on the STOCK slot. Turned out, Google Play Edition would not boot up so I went back into safestrap and added a new rom slot. Then I restored my firmware on that slot. I left the stock slot not working... Then I uninstalled safestrap at boot up, not thinking about the stock rom. THIS IS THE BIG MISTAKE. I then rebooted my phone, and I get odin with the error message. I can't get into recovery settings or safestrap of course. I am now stuck with no options on my phone. I try to go to download mode and hit cancel. This did not boot up my phone, only my Google Play Edition which was not working. Now I can't change my rom slot. All I want to do now is go back to touchwiz. I want to restore my phone, but how? I would really appreciate your help!

I was running android 4.3 jellybean on MF3 so I can't load TWRP.
 
hovax615@hotmail.com
Old
#2  
hovax615@hotmail.com's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 280
Posts: 1,350
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Corona, CA - Murfreesboro, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysBeen View Post
Hello there! I recently had purchased a Samsung Galaxy s4. I did not really enjoy touchwiz. I really wanted Google Play Edition. Anyways, my phone is stuck in ODIN mode with a message saying "Downloading... Do not turn off target!" I know that you can enter download mode and hit cancel to boot. But, my issue is different. Listen. I got safestrap on my s4, and it worked perfectly. I backed up my phone and installed Google Play Edition on the STOCK slot. Turned out, Google Play Edition would not boot up so I went back into safestrap and added a new rom slot. Then I restored my firmware on that slot. I left the stock slot not working... Then I uninstalled safestrap at boot up, not thinking about the stock rom. THIS IS THE BIG MISTAKE. I then rebooted my phone, and I get odin with the error message. I can't get into recovery settings or safestrap of course. I am now stuck with no options on my phone. I try to go to download mode and hit cancel. This did not boot up my phone, only my Google Play Edition which was not working. Now I can't change my rom slot. All I want to do now is go back to touchwiz. I want to restore my phone, but how? I would really appreciate your help!

I was running android 4.3 jellybean on MF3 so I can't load TWRP.
Download mf3 tar file http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2504311

Run in odin, your phone should be back up and running.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app
 
AlwaysBeen
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by hovax615@hotmail.com View Post
Download mf3 tar file http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2504311

Run in odin, your phone should be back up and running.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> BOOTLOADER_I337UCUAMF3_812098_REV06_user_low_ship_ MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> MODEM_I337UCUAMF3_812098_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI _CERT.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> CSC_ATT_I337ATTAMF3_812098_REV06_user_low_ship_MUL TI_CERT.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> PLATFORM_I337UCUAMF3_812098_REV06_user_low_ship_MU LTI_CERT.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/003> sbl1.mbn
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003> sbl2.mbn
<ID:0/003> sbl3.mbn
<ID:0/003> rpm.mbn
<ID:0/003> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/003> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/003>
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)


I dont know why it is failing
 
hovax615@hotmail.com
Old
#4  
hovax615@hotmail.com's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 280
Posts: 1,350
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Corona, CA - Murfreesboro, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysBeen View Post
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> BOOTLOADER_I337UCUAMF3_812098_REV06_user_low_ship_ MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> MODEM_I337UCUAMF3_812098_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI _CERT.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> CSC_ATT_I337ATTAMF3_812098_REV06_user_low_ship_MUL TI_CERT.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> PLATFORM_I337UCUAMF3_812098_REV06_user_low_ship_MU LTI_CERT.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/003> sbl1.mbn
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003> sbl2.mbn
<ID:0/003> sbl3.mbn
<ID:0/003> rpm.mbn
<ID:0/003> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/003> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/003>
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)


I dont know why it is failing
I think you've got an incomplete flash somewhere. I don't know if this will work but try the mf3 emergency files then flash the tar file again. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2526964

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app
 
AlwaysBeen
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by hovax615@hotmail.com View Post
I think you've got an incomplete flash somewhere. I don't know if this will work but try the mf3 emergency files then flash the tar file again. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2526964

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

Which file do I exactly download from this link?
 
bobbigbuns
Old
(Last edited by bobbigbuns; 12th January 2014 at 04:01 AM.) Reason: Added link in case search was broken. :)
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysBeen View Post
Which file do I exactly download from this link?
You need SGS-I337_16GB.pit. Run this in Odin and it will fix your issue.

And yes I registered just to answer your question.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2404970
 
AlwaysBeen
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbigbuns View Post
You need SGS-I337_16GB.pit. Run this in Odin and it will fix your issue.

And yes I registered just to answer your question.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2404970
I really appreciate the registering just to help me out! Do i load the pit file with the MF3 tars? Or before?
 
AlwaysBeen
Old
(Last edited by AlwaysBeen; 12th January 2014 at 04:50 AM.)
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbigbuns View Post
You need SGS-I337_16GB.pit. Run this in Odin and it will fix your issue.

And yes I registered just to answer your question.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2404970
<ID:0/003> Removed!!
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/003> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/003> FAIL!
<ID:0/003>
<ID:0/003> Re-Partition operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

It failed =( What can I do? My phone is showing in red text: SECURE CHECK FAIL : PIT

MY BOOTLOADER IS LOCKED, IT SAYS MY WRITE PROTECTION IS ENABLED

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Say Goodbye to Holo Blue Once and for All

When Google released Android 4.4 KitKat back in October of last year, they changed quite a bit … more

Sony Z Ultra Google Play Edition Receives Bluetooth Certification for Android 4.4.3

You may recall that a few days ago, Sprint jumped the gun … more

Easily Configure Xposed Module Projects in Eclipse

XDA Recognized Developer rovo89‘s innovative and versatile Xposed Framework allows … more

Android Control Center Becomes Quick Control Panel, Brings Host of New Features

You may recall that back in August of last year, we talked … more