XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] A little question if vol up/down doesnt work

Tip us?

proadi96
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 78
Default [Q] A little question if vol up/down doesnt work

As the title says, my volume buttons doesnt work, i can live with that but i got a small problem .. i have MW Redux ROM installed on my Desire and if i want to change it to something else, the only way is to press the Power Button and go to Reboot to Recovery. Okey, but if i will flash a new ROM and something will go wrong, or the ROM doesnt have the Reboot to Recovery option, how can I go to recovery without this option or power up the phone and then press the buttons? I know if the ROM is installedn,there are apps to reboot to recovery BUT if i will be in the recovery mode itself and something go wrong like endless bootloop etc.. and i want to change the ROM or fix the problem in recovery, is there another way to go into recovery mode, like through a PC or something? Thanks

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda premium
HTC Desire + RSK Xperience 4.2.2

XPERIA x8 + Unlocked Bootloader !

donkeykong1
Old
Thanks Meter 238
Power + back button wil get you to bootloader but you won't be able to select recovery. You can, however, go from bootloader to fastboot usb and enter recovery via adb on your computer

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to donkeykong1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

proadi96
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeykong1 View Post
Power + back button wil get you to bootloader but you won't be able to select recovery. You can, however, go from bootloader to fastboot usb and enter recovery via adb on your computer

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk
Okay i will try that later on , thanks bro !

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda premium
HTC Desire + RSK Xperience 4.2.2

XPERIA x8 + Unlocked Bootloader !

ranjodhricky
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default same problem

i have same problem you can any recovery manager app for installing recovery & reboot into recovery
download fastboot commander for flashing nandroid backup in fastboot mode
just backup your rom via recovery and save it to PC if you bricked your phone just press back power button to going fastboot mode connect usb cable and flash boot system data with fastboot commander
and use rec man for recovery