Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Before buying a used Note 3? Most important things to check.

OP nicholes

11th January 2014, 05:19 PM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Flag indore
Thanks Meter: 28

193 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techngro

I am experiencing this right now. I bought a Note 3 on Swappa in November and a few days ago it was blocked (you can read the full story in my thread). It's a crappy thing to go through. Now i'm scrambling to find a way to not have a useless phone or lose lots of money selling it.

IF you (OP) can, I would say to just save the extra money and get it straight from T-Mobile. If it's a phone you will keep for a couple of years, then the extra $150 or so is worth it for the piece of mind imho.

As for the Note 2 vs Note 3, the Note 3 is faster yes, but it also has a larger 1080p screen (vs 720p on the Note 2). I think the battery life is better as well.

If you don't really need the larger screen on the Note 3, you might want to check out the Nexus 5 as well.

Thanks .

i saw your thread ,i feel bad for what happened with you . thanks for the kind info. BTW did you sell your phone?

and yes ,i dont need a larger screen (as it is slightly bigger and better) i think i would be happy with note 2 screen

anything else can i miss?except the fastness and the screen?
11th January 2014, 07:25 PM   |  #12  
Flag Brasov
Thanks Meter: 21

109 posts
More
Note 3 also has a newer and better wacom digitzer so a better s pen than note 2. It looks better to. And more future proof. But note 2 is still a very good phone.

Sent from Note 3 SM-N9005
11th January 2014, 07:39 PM   |  #13  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 134

677 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholes

Thanks .

i saw your thread ,i feel bad for what happened with you . thanks for the kind info. BTW did you sell your phone?

and yes ,i dont need a larger screen (as it is slightly bigger and better) i think i would be happy with note 2 screen

anything else can i miss?except the fastness and the screen?

I am trying to get it unlocked first and see whether I can use it on a smaller carrier like Straight Talk or Simple Mobile. If not, I might end up just getting a cheap $99 4G phone and tethering the Note 3 like a tablet. Sucks, but there aren't many good choices left.
12th January 2014, 04:13 AM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Flag indore
Thanks Meter: 28

193 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techngro

I am trying to get it unlocked first and see whether I can use it on a smaller carrier like Straight Talk or Simple Mobile. If not, I might end up just getting a cheap $99 4G phone and tethering the Note 3 like a tablet. Sucks, but there aren't many good choices left.

i am in india . do you think your phone can work here?

if yes ,i think we can have a deal.

EDIT:- let me think .. let me confirm. your phone is completetly in working condition , only you cannot make or receive phone calls. is it?

does wifi works.

can you make internet working with another mobile using hotsopt?

if yes i would buy your phone please dont sell it to any other person . i will be highly obliged to you if you give me your phone.
Last edited by nicholes; 12th January 2014 at 04:36 AM.
12th January 2014, 05:29 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 8

64 posts
More
I dont know if this will help, but it might be worth a shot.

If you buy a used phone, and the previous owner pulls a fast one with customer service, ask customer service if there is a way you can verify the legitimate sale of the device. I would not suggest buying a used phone from online stores if you can avoid it.

One way you can prevent sellers from getting over on you, is to notify the website you used to buy the phone, that the seller is engaging in illegal behavior. In the USA, once you sell a product, unless otherwise stated in the TOS/EULA/Copyright, etc, you no longer own it. This is especially true, when you are buying a product in any condition, from any party other than a licensed retailer and/or the company who branded and/or created the product.

Some websites like Ebay and Paypal will help to protect the funds you used to purchase the device, if the seller engages in such behavior. It is best to report any incidents as soon as possible, after the problem arises. The seller may not be indemnified if they report the device stolen after the normal refund period offered by Ebay, Paypal, etc. In the USA, it is illegal to deface, or cause to be defaced, any material or non material product which you do not legally own and/or have permission from the owner to deface and/or make changes to. Any intentional or avoidable (in good faith) act/s which cause a product to no longer work as it did at the time of purchase is considered defacing, or causing to be defaced. There are no criminal liabilities here, but, if Paypal/Ebay/Swappa/etc, wont help you, then you might be able to regain your lost funds in the form of civil damages.

Please keep in mind im speaking from the point of USA laws and regulations.
Last edited by asrah; 12th January 2014 at 05:32 AM.
12th January 2014, 06:14 AM   |  #16  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 134

677 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholes

i am in india . do you think your phone can work here?

if yes ,i think we can have a deal.

EDIT:- let me think .. let me confirm. your phone is completetly in working condition , only you cannot make or receive phone calls. is it?

does wifi works.

can you make internet working with another mobile using hotsopt?

if yes i would buy your phone please dont sell it to any other person . i will be highly obliged to you if you give me your phone.

I'll send you a PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread