Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,909 Members 48,536 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Before buying a used Note 3? Most important things to check.

Tip us?
 
nicholes
Old
#11  
nicholes's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 135
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: indore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techngro View Post
I am experiencing this right now. I bought a Note 3 on Swappa in November and a few days ago it was blocked (you can read the full story in my thread). It's a crappy thing to go through. Now i'm scrambling to find a way to not have a useless phone or lose lots of money selling it.

IF you (OP) can, I would say to just save the extra money and get it straight from T-Mobile. If it's a phone you will keep for a couple of years, then the extra $150 or so is worth it for the piece of mind imho.

As for the Note 2 vs Note 3, the Note 3 is faster yes, but it also has a larger 1080p screen (vs 720p on the Note 2). I think the battery life is better as well.

If you don't really need the larger screen on the Note 3, you might want to check out the Nexus 5 as well.
Thanks .

i saw your thread ,i feel bad for what happened with you . thanks for the kind info. BTW did you sell your phone?

and yes ,i dont need a larger screen (as it is slightly bigger and better) i think i would be happy with note 2 screen

anything else can i miss?except the fastness and the screen?
Got note2 in 2014
 
ione2380
Old
#12  
ione2380's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 103
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Brasov
Note 3 also has a newer and better wacom digitzer so a better s pen than note 2. It looks better to. And more future proof. But note 2 is still a very good phone.

Sent from Note 3 SM-N9005
 
Techngro
Old
#13  
Techngro's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 119
Posts: 583
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholes View Post
Thanks .

i saw your thread ,i feel bad for what happened with you . thanks for the kind info. BTW did you sell your phone?

and yes ,i dont need a larger screen (as it is slightly bigger and better) i think i would be happy with note 2 screen

anything else can i miss?except the fastness and the screen?
I am trying to get it unlocked first and see whether I can use it on a smaller carrier like Straight Talk or Simple Mobile. If not, I might end up just getting a cheap $99 4G phone and tethering the Note 3 like a tablet. Sucks, but there aren't many good choices left.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-900T
Bought on Swappa, Blocked by T-Mobile
Given life again via Chainfire's RegionLock Away
Stock
Hyperdrive KK RLS3.1
Effortless ROM Rev 6

Kindle Fire
ROM: Back to Stock

2006: Samsung A900
2007: Original iPhone
2010: Nokia N900
2010: Moto Cliq
2011: HTC G2
2012: Galaxy S II
2012: Galaxy Note
 
nicholes
Old
(Last edited by nicholes; 12th January 2014 at 03:36 AM.)
#14  
nicholes's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 135
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: indore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techngro View Post
I am trying to get it unlocked first and see whether I can use it on a smaller carrier like Straight Talk or Simple Mobile. If not, I might end up just getting a cheap $99 4G phone and tethering the Note 3 like a tablet. Sucks, but there aren't many good choices left.
i am in india . do you think your phone can work here?


if yes ,i think we can have a deal.

EDIT:- let me think .. let me confirm. your phone is completetly in working condition , only you cannot make or receive phone calls. is it?

does wifi works.

can you make internet working with another mobile using hotsopt?

if yes i would buy your phone please dont sell it to any other person . i will be highly obliged to you if you give me your phone.
Got note2 in 2014
 
asrah
Old
(Last edited by asrah; 12th January 2014 at 04:32 AM.)
#15  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 56
Join Date: Mar 2013
I dont know if this will help, but it might be worth a shot.

If you buy a used phone, and the previous owner pulls a fast one with customer service, ask customer service if there is a way you can verify the legitimate sale of the device. I would not suggest buying a used phone from online stores if you can avoid it.

One way you can prevent sellers from getting over on you, is to notify the website you used to buy the phone, that the seller is engaging in illegal behavior. In the USA, once you sell a product, unless otherwise stated in the TOS/EULA/Copyright, etc, you no longer own it. This is especially true, when you are buying a product in any condition, from any party other than a licensed retailer and/or the company who branded and/or created the product.

Some websites like Ebay and Paypal will help to protect the funds you used to purchase the device, if the seller engages in such behavior. It is best to report any incidents as soon as possible, after the problem arises. The seller may not be indemnified if they report the device stolen after the normal refund period offered by Ebay, Paypal, etc. In the USA, it is illegal to deface, or cause to be defaced, any material or non material product which you do not legally own and/or have permission from the owner to deface and/or make changes to. Any intentional or avoidable (in good faith) act/s which cause a product to no longer work as it did at the time of purchase is considered defacing, or causing to be defaced. There are no criminal liabilities here, but, if Paypal/Ebay/Swappa/etc, wont help you, then you might be able to regain your lost funds in the form of civil damages.

Please keep in mind im speaking from the point of USA laws and regulations.
 
Techngro
Old
#16  
Techngro's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 119
Posts: 583
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholes View Post
i am in india . do you think your phone can work here?


if yes ,i think we can have a deal.

EDIT:- let me think .. let me confirm. your phone is completetly in working condition , only you cannot make or receive phone calls. is it?

does wifi works.

can you make internet working with another mobile using hotsopt?

if yes i would buy your phone please dont sell it to any other person . i will be highly obliged to you if you give me your phone.
I'll send you a PM.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-900T
Bought on Swappa, Blocked by T-Mobile
Given life again via Chainfire's RegionLock Away
Stock
Hyperdrive KK RLS3.1
Effortless ROM Rev 6

Kindle Fire
ROM: Back to Stock

2006: Samsung A900
2007: Original iPhone
2010: Nokia N900
2010: Moto Cliq
2011: HTC G2
2012: Galaxy S II
2012: Galaxy Note
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes