5,604,219 Members 48,959 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Good Android 4:3 10" tablet...is there one or should I go with iPad?

Tip us?

Dr.Alexander_Breen
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 484

DONATE TO ME
Default Good Android 4:3 10" tablet...is there one or should I go with iPad?

Hello, dear friends. Recently I've discovered that 16:9 screen ration is extremely uncomfortable for me. So, I decided to go with 4:3 screen ration, as it is the most suitable for the daily usage of tablet(I don't really watch movies on my tablet). However, there is one problem. I can't find decent one.
For now I own Acer A1-811, which is nice and it's screen ratio is 4:3, but it's only 8'' and it's performance is not as smooth as on my Nexus 4.

So, I need your assistance. Is there any good 10" 4:3 Android tablets? I will look at everything you tell me about
Or it's not worth the trouble and it's better to get the iPad 3/4(I don't really want to pony up that much cash on iPad Air, as now it's EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE in Russia)? If so, are there a lot of problems with Android phone/iPad...emm...coupling? Like, syncing contacts, etc.

sterpas
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Alexander_Breen View Post
Hello, dear friends. Recently I've discovered that 16:9 screen ration is extremely uncomfortable for me. So, I decided to go with 4:3 screen ration, as it is the most suitable for the daily usage of tablet(I don't really watch movies on my tablet). However, there is one problem. I can't find decent one.
For now I own Acer A1-811, which is nice and it's screen ratio is 4:3, but it's only 8'' and it's performance is not as smooth as on my Nexus 4.

So, I need your assistance. Is there any good 10" 4:3 Android tablets? I will look at everything you tell me about
Or it's not worth the trouble and it's better to get the iPad 3/4(I don't really want to pony up that much cash on iPad Air, as now it's EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE in Russia)? If so, are there a lot of problems with Android phone/iPad...emm...coupling? Like, syncing contacts, etc.
My suggestion Google's Nexus 10 and look no further!

Dr.Alexander_Breen
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 484

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterpas View Post
My suggestion Google's Nexus 10 and look no further!
Thanks, but Nexus 10 screen ratio is 16:9(or 16:10, which is almost the same), and it's awful.

pan.droid
Old
Thanks Meter 109
SAMSUNG IS POISED TO GIVE TABLET DIVISION SOME LOVE 1st QUARTER 2014... if you don't mind waiting it's a def possibility they'll have just what you need. Didn't bother reading earlier replies since this isn't a dev thread and I'm preoccupied, somewhat.

TheMoro
Old
Thanks Meter 13
A little digging came up with the HP Slate. there's a 10" and 8", although the 10" seems to have rather low resolution of 1280x800. the 8" has a resolution of 1600x1200. Maybe what your looking for.

arromdee
Old
(Last edited by arromdee; 26th December 2013 at 08:37 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
I can't stand 16:9 either. If you Google "android retina tablet" you can find a lot of Chinese tablets with a 4:3 screen and iPad resolution (2048x1536).

There seem to be three general models:

RK3066 dual core
Allwinner A31 quad core
RK3188 quad core

I have one of the latter, which is the newest and probably is the best model, though I don't actually have any of the others to compare. All of them are slower than iPads. The specific brand I have is an Aoson M33 but I can't imagine there would be much difference between similar ones.

I generally use my tablet for reading books and comics, which need the resolution. I've also watched videos up to 720p. I don't play Android games so I can't tell you how they respond on that (but it supposedly depends a lot on firmware).

aniym
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Alexander_Breen View Post

You should visit this thread, as XDA members are updating it with news regarding future 4:3 tabs:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1929587&page=4

arromdee
Old
(Last edited by arromdee; 11th January 2014 at 04:30 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3
It seems there's a newer model of Android tablet out with a 4:3 screen, 2048x1536 resolution, and an Exynos 5410 chip with 8 cores.

I don't know how much better it is than the older models. I already can Google up five brands that are basically the same tablet.

orion2323
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default Android

I love android, most thing @ home run android and the options are unlimited, also, storage, SD or MicroSD is a big deal to me