Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,212 Members 43,599 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to properly flash TW 4.3 on rooted Canadian (Bell) Note 2?

Tip us?

eboy_gb
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Default How to properly flash TW 4.3 on rooted Canadian (Bell) Note 2?

Hello,

This is going to come off as noob-ish:

How can I flash a 4.3 TW-based ROM onto my rooted Canadian (Bell) Note 2?

I was running CeanROM5 for a while, flashed SlimKat 4.4 last weekend but I'd like to go back to TW.

I'm usually pretty familiar with rooting and flashing ROMs (Desire Z, Note 10.1, Nexus 7...etc.), but I've read too many horror stories of people loosing their modems, IMEI going wrong...etc. with the Note 2, especially since there's a few variations of the device, so I want to be careful.

I was going to flash the stock firmware from Sammobile via Kies but my phone is being detected as a i317 and not a i317m and I'm wondering if that's a problem? (I know I could use ODIN, but again, I'm worried about screwing up the modem with what little I know right now) I was then going to use CF-Auto-Root (as I'm sure I'll lose root) to clean things up.

TL;DR I've got a Canadian (Bell) Note 2 running SlimKat, how to get onto a TW-based 4.3 rom without screwing anything up?

Thanks guys!
HTC Desire Z
Andromadus CM10.1 Build 21

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Hyperdrive RLS6

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Clean Rom Ace 5.0

eboy_gb
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
So, after waiting hours for the stock 4.3 firmware to download from Sammobile - it was corrupt, so I'm re-downloading, therefore I can't flash via odin just yet (apparently I still have another 2 hours on this download).

Kies won't recognize my phone either (I suspect this might be due to the whole i317 vs i317m thing?). I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling kies on my PC, using different USB ports, and rebooting my phone...etc.

Again, any help would be super appreciated! Thanks!
HTC Desire Z

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Hyperdrive RLS6

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Clean Rom Ace 5.0

eboy_gb
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Alright, so I'm running 4.3 and everything is working (wifi, modem...etc) but I can access superSU.

I used CF-Auto Root and it looked like it flashed the stock recovery. I have superSU installed but I can only open (not uninstall) it from the Play Store.

However, every time I do try to open it I get the pop up window "unfortunately, SuperSU has stopped".

So what am I doing wrong?
HTC Desire Z

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Hyperdrive RLS6

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Clean Rom Ace 5.0

eboy_gb
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
I guess this thread can be deleted as I seem to have sorted things out.

Philz recovery is very nice BTW.
HTC Desire Z

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Hyperdrive RLS6

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Clean Rom Ace 5.0