5,596,700 Members 46,070 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC One M7 reboots to recovery after flashing custom rom. Can anyone help?

Tip us?
 
psbhadola
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 34
Join Date: Feb 2013
Default [Q] HTC One M7 reboots to recovery after flashing custom rom. Can anyone help?

Hello.
I tried to flash a custom rom on my phone with s-on. I followed the instructions that told me to extract boot.img from the zip and flash it first and then the rom as I had s-on.
But after flashing the phone reboots into recovery. It doesn't go in the system. I can't get the internal sd to mount in the TWRP recovery as well. I tried CWM too but was not able to mount the internal memory.
As I have s-on I can't even flash the stock ruu and because it doesn't go into the system there is no way for me to check USB debugging. I'm screwed.
Can anyone please help me ?
 
kamilmirza
Old
#2  
kamilmirza's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 241
Posts: 1,033
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Lahore
Quote:
Originally Posted by psbhadola View Post
Hello.
I tried to flash a custom rom on my phone with s-on. I followed the instructions that told me to extract boot.img from the zip and flash it first and then the rom as I had s-on.
But after flashing the phone reboots into recovery. It doesn't go in the system. I can't get the internal sd to mount in the TWRP recovery as well. I tried CWM too but was not able to mount the internal memory.
As I have s-on I can't even flash the stock ruu and because it doesn't go into the system there is no way for me to check USB debugging. I'm screwed.
Can anyone please help me ?
you haven't read the rules :/
first you don't have to flash the boot.IMG separately on HTC One, just flash the ROM via recovery
second it is impossible to mount your SD card in recovery
try sideload

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
hit the THANKS button if helped
Google Nexus 5
 
psbhadola
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 34
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilmirza View Post
you haven't read the rules :/
first you don't have to flash the boot.IMG separately on HTC One, just flash the ROM via recovery
second it is impossible to mount your SD card in recovery
try sideload

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
It said in the flashing instructions that if the phone is s-on you have to flash boot.img first.
My phone is s-on so I flashed boot.img first. Now it boots into recovery instead of system.
Also my phone is not detected by adb. So I can't use sideload. It is detected by fastboot but not adb
How can I make it detect adb?
 
kamilmirza
Old
#4  
kamilmirza's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 241
Posts: 1,033
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Lahore
Quote:
Originally Posted by psbhadola View Post
It said in the flashing instructions that if the phone is s-on you have to flash boot.img first.
My phone is s-on so I flashed boot.img first. Now it boots into recovery instead of system.
Also my phone is not detected by adb. So I can't use sideload. It is detected by fastboot but not adb
How can I make it detect adb?
no ROM for HTC One requires flashing boot.img first while on S-ON
uninstall your previous HTC drivers and HTC Sync Manager, restart your PC
download and install the following: http://download1801.mediafire.com/lb...4.10.0.001.msi
sideload guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2318497
connect your device, go into recovery and start sideload
make sure you detect your device before starting sideload; "adb devices"
hit the THANKS button if helped
Google Nexus 5
 
psbhadola
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 34
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilmirza View Post
no ROM for HTC One requires flashing boot.img first while on S-ON
uninstall your previous HTC drivers and HTC Sync Manager, restart your PC
download and install the following: http://download1801.mediafire.com/lb...4.10.0.001.msi
sideload guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2318497
connect your device, go into recovery and start sideload
make sure you detect your device before starting sideload; "adb devices"
Ok. Let me try that and see how it goes.
Will get back with the results
Thanks
 
psbhadola
Old
#6  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 34
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by psbhadola View Post
Ok. Let me try that and see how it goes.
Will get back with the results
Thanks
Okay I was able to flash the RUU and go back to stock but the phone keeps rebooting
It goes to lock screen and after I swipe to unlock, it is stuck on HTC logo until it reboots back.
Even when I flashed any custom ROMs the same thing happened.
It went to lock screen and after unlocking, it gets stuck on HTC logo.
What can I do?
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...