5,600,612 Members 34,064 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

A few things happened, and now I'm missing CWM...

Tip us?

Azphreal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default A few things happened, and now I'm missing CWM...

Hey,

I was running into issues with the NexusHD KitKat ROM, so I think I tried to clear up a few things on my SD card. I deleted a few things (stupidly), and now from MAGLDR my ClockworkMod Recovery won't boot. Selecting the option, it goes through the normal load process, but decides to reboot instead. I'm having issues reflashing CWM to try and fix it, as well. Despite being in the MAGDLR flasher, it comes up with the "Enter BootLoader missing" error and "USB init failed", even though the connection is fine.

If anyone can help me restore CWM to the way it should work, I'd be grateful. I should be able to work it from there.

lolerpro8
Old
Thanks Meter 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azphreal View Post
Hey,

I was running into issues with the NexusHD KitKat ROM, so I think I tried to clear up a few things on my SD card. I deleted a few things (stupidly), and now from MAGLDR my ClockworkMod Recovery won't boot. Selecting the option, it goes through the normal load process, but decides to reboot instead. I'm having issues reflashing CWM to try and fix it, as well. Despite being in the MAGDLR flasher, it comes up with the "Enter BootLoader missing" error and "USB init failed", even though the connection is fine.

If anyone can help me restore CWM to the way it should work, I'd be grateful. I should be able to work it from there.
Reflash magldr or get clk
Prestigio 5044
Kernel: Stock
Rom: Color OS 4.2.2
The Following User Says Thank You to lolerpro8 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Azphreal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolerpro8 View Post
Reflash magldr or get clk
By "refresh", do you mean reflash MAGLDR? I tried, but I'm missing the config file apparently...?

lolerpro8
Old
Thanks Meter 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azphreal View Post
By "refresh", do you mean reflash MAGLDR? I tried, but I'm missing the config file apparently...?
Redownload the magldr and run ROMUpdateUtility.exe as admin.
And i didnt write refresh, i did wrote reflash
Prestigio 5044
Kernel: Stock
Rom: Color OS 4.2.2

Azphreal
Old
(Last edited by Azphreal; 12th January 2014 at 12:00 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolerpro8 View Post
Redownload the magldr and run ROMUpdateUtility.exe as admin.
And i didnt write refresh, i did wrote reflash
My bad, I read it as refresh. Just speed reading, I guess. I'll try reflashing MAGLDR when I have a computer that allows me admin privileges :/

UPDATE: I managed to reflash MAGLDR (with a bit of trouble; had to work out why it wouldn't read, turns out it didn't install the drivers), and CWM works as before. Reflashed the ROM to NativeSD (same setup before the issues), but after it loads at MAGLDR, it locks at the HTC screen. Any ideas?

UPDATE 2: Formatted the SD card, primarily to fix my partition, and reflashed the ROM. Ran into the cyanogenmod loading screen, so I assume it worked. Thanks for your help and for dealing with my lack of experience in this area :/