5,605,311 Members 38,492 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unable to flash cwm to galaxy grand I9082

Tip us?
 
lala458
Old
#1  
lala458's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 44
Join Date: Jul 2012
Question [Q] Unable to flash cwm to galaxy grand I9082

Hello,

What should I do to flash cwm to my phone.

Every step I follow not work! [pHIL recovery/chotu recovery/twrp].

The phone keep jump to touch wiz 4.2.2.. What I need to do? Sell it? or keep it?

My S3 just worked without this problem.. What the best solution to fix this problem?

Thx.
 
naufalhadyan
Old
#2  
naufalhadyan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 231
Posts: 432
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Bandung, Indonesia
Did you remember to untick Auto Reboot in Odin? Are you planning to install a custom ROM?
An architecture student and likes anything tech.

Nokia N-Gage QD (2006) --> Nokia 2730 Classic (2010) --> Ivio DE88 (2011) --> Sony Xperia Go ST27i (2012) --> Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos i9082 (2013) --> (used) Sony Xperia V LT25i

Rocking Sony Xperia V with latest CM11 nightly.
Secondary device: white iPad 2 64GB, with jailbroken iOS7
 
black87
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 106
Posts: 410
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: It's up to you :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by lala458 View Post
Hello,

What should I do to flash cwm to my phone.

Every step I follow not work! [pHIL recovery/chotu recovery/twrp].

The phone keep jump to touch wiz 4.2.2.. What I need to do? Sell it? or keep it?

My S3 just worked without this problem.. What the best solution to fix this problem?

Thx.
Untick auto reboot, pull the battery then insert it, press volume up+home+power and install root package to keep cwm available

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

Thanks me if my post USEFUL
 
naufalhadyan
Old
#4  
naufalhadyan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 231
Posts: 432
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Bandung, Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by black87 View Post
Untick auto reboot, pull the battery then insert it, press volume up+home+power and install root package to keep cwm available

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
Well if he's planning to install a custom AOSP-based ROM then flashing a root package isn't required... correct me if I'm wrong.
An architecture student and likes anything tech.

Nokia N-Gage QD (2006) --> Nokia 2730 Classic (2010) --> Ivio DE88 (2011) --> Sony Xperia Go ST27i (2012) --> Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos i9082 (2013) --> (used) Sony Xperia V LT25i

Rocking Sony Xperia V with latest CM11 nightly.
Secondary device: white iPad 2 64GB, with jailbroken iOS7
 
black87
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 106
Posts: 410
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: It's up to you :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by naufalhadyan View Post
Well if he's planning to install a custom AOSP-based ROM then flashing a root package isn't required... correct me if I'm wrong.
Root package is just to lock cwm so it will not lost if he boot it

Thanks me if my post USEFUL
 
naufalhadyan
Old
#6  
naufalhadyan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 231
Posts: 432
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Bandung, Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by black87 View Post
Root package is just to lock cwm so it will not lost if he boot it
CWM is overwritten with stock recovery by the stock ROM. So if you don't have stock ROM it's kinda useless...
After flashing a custom ROM, all that's left unmodified on the device is just the bootloader... I don't think a bootloader can overwrite CWM to a stock recovery.
An architecture student and likes anything tech.

Nokia N-Gage QD (2006) --> Nokia 2730 Classic (2010) --> Ivio DE88 (2011) --> Sony Xperia Go ST27i (2012) --> Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos i9082 (2013) --> (used) Sony Xperia V LT25i

Rocking Sony Xperia V with latest CM11 nightly.
Secondary device: white iPad 2 64GB, with jailbroken iOS7
 
black87
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 106
Posts: 410
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: It's up to you :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by naufalhadyan View Post
CWM is overwritten with stock recovery by the stock ROM. So if you don't have stock ROM it's kinda useless...
After flashing a custom ROM, all that's left unmodified on the device is just the bootloader... I don't think a bootloader can overwrite CWM to a stock recovery.
but he seems not plan to install custom rom

Thanks me if my post USEFUL

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...