Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,315 Members 42,375 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need some rooting information.

Tip us?

levani132
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Need some rooting information.

Hello guys, I'm posting this because I couldn't find any information for my questions in the forum. I want to know what does s-off means, does it means that sound will be turned off? Then what's the big idea? Why is s-off needed for flashing roms? What connection does sound has with roms? If s-off means something else please guys explain, because I don't want to start process until I will have as much information as it's possible.

Also there are some forums about easy rooting for example this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2168500 from glevitan, I want to know after I root the phone see this step: "4. Reboot the device and voilá. You are done" does this means that I have rooted phone with same stock rom and it can work just like before only difference that I will be able to have superuser access or should I install custom rom in order to turn on phone?

Also I wanted to know is there anyway now for me to save apps data? as I know there is not because unrooted phone means that one application never allows other to see its own data, but if you know anything please help me.

Thanks in advance, Levani.

coolyahya
Old
Thanks Meter 149

DONATE TO ME
Smile S-OFF and Rooting

Hi,

S-OFF means that the NAND portion of the device is unlocked and can be written to. The default setting for HTC’s devices is S-ON, which means that neither can you access certain areas of the system nor can you guarantee a permanent root.

If you want to root your device, please follow these most easy steps to root: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2590736

If you Have S-On device and would like to turn S-OFF, please ask me. Alternative, you can also install custom Rom on an S-On device

Please click on "Thanks" if I helped you
My Work:

ROM: 1st Desire HD: Xperia KitKat ROM for Desire HD
2nd Desire HD: Unofficial CM11 Nightlies by Mustaavalkosta Android 4.4.2

Don't forget to hit "Thanks" if I helped you. Click on "Donate to me" if you want to give something in return

levani132
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I can't get into the link - unlockroot.com I tried to download that file from another site too, but anti-virus notification poped up. I asked after the process which is described in the link I have written, will I have to install new rom or will the stock rom work without flashing it?

coolyahya
Old
Thanks Meter 149

DONATE TO ME
Post S-OFF and Rooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by levani132 View Post
I can't get into the link - unlockroot.com I tried to download that file from another site too, but anti-virus notification poped up. I asked after the process which is described in the link I have written, will I have to install new rom or will the stock rom work without flashing it?
Well, Unlockroot.com seems to be working perfectly fine for me and did not pop up Antivirus notification. You may try a proxy server to download it. Secondly, it will root your stock ROM, no need to flash a new one

My Work:

ROM: 1st Desire HD: Xperia KitKat ROM for Desire HD
2nd Desire HD: Unofficial CM11 Nightlies by Mustaavalkosta Android 4.4.2

Don't forget to hit "Thanks" if I helped you. Click on "Donate to me" if you want to give something in return
The Following User Says Thank You to coolyahya For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

levani132
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolyahya View Post
Well, Unlockroot.com seems to be working perfectly fine for me and did not pop up Antivirus notification. You may try a proxy server to download it. Secondly, it will root your stock ROM, no need to flash a new one

Thanks very much... This second reply really was much helpfully for me