Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Upgrading via Kies...is there a way???

OP Cooetzee

12th January 2014, 08:04 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Brasov
Thanks Meter: 16

83 posts
More
Hi guys.

I was wondering if there is a way we can trick Kies to recognize the phone (S2 plus NFC) that it belongs to a country that has already received the official Android 4.2. I ask this because for Romania has not yet given update to 4.2 and I do not want to use any Odin. Also, if you can fool Kies it is possible to lose your phone warranty?

If we fool Kies it is possible to return to the basic android?
12th January 2014, 08:10 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 263

523 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooetzee

Hi guys.

I was wondering if there is a way we can trick Kies to recognize the phone (S2 plus NFC) that it belongs to a country that has already received the official Android 4.2. I ask this because for Romania has not yet given update to 4.2 and I do not want to use any Odin. Also, if you can fool Kies it is possible to lose your phone warranty?

If we fool Kies it is possible to return to the basic android?

change CSC to one of that countries for which was released 4.2.2
smth like this
http://www.droidviews.com/how-to-cha...galaxy-phones/
or
http://en.videotutorial.ro/update-de...utorial-video/
12th January 2014, 08:36 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Brasov

83 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adisan2002

change CSC to one of that countries for which was released 4.2.2
smth like this
http://www.droidviews.com/how-to-cha...galaxy-phones/
or
http://en.videotutorial.ro/update-de...utorial-video/

Thx Adisan...its quite easy to change CSC as i seen in videos....but the million dollar question is...DO I LOSE WARRANTY? And also by reverting back to original CSC i get the official update for Romania (if there is any :P )
12th January 2014, 09:16 AM   |  #4  

523 posts
More
Quote:

Thx Adisan...its quite easy to change CSC as i seen in videos....but the million dollar question is...DO I LOSE WARRANTY? And also by reverting back to original CSC i get the official update for Romania (if there is any :P )

For warranty I think you need install original stock firmware you had when you've bought phone (for Vodafone I don't think you have one on Sammobile..)
If it will be an official update for Romania (Vodafone), you can install it via Odin from Sammobile firmware list. CSC will be modified to the stock's one.
The Following User Says Thank You to adisan2002 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th January 2014, 09:28 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Brasov

83 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adisan2002

For warranty I think you need install original stock firmware you had when you've bought phone (for Vodafone I don't think you have one on Sammobile..)
If it will be an official update for Romania (Vodafone), you can install it via Odin from Sammobile firmware list. CSC will be modified to the stock's one.

So if i change, for ex,to Spain CSC, and upgrade to official spanish 4.2 i will lose warranty? And to get back warranty i just need to get back to COA csc (because my phone has COA)?
Sorry i'm such a pain but i really dont wanna lose warranty by changing CSC!!!
12th January 2014, 10:50 AM   |  #6  

523 posts
More
Quote:

So if i change, for ex,to Spain CSC, and upgrade to official spanish 4.2 i will lose warranty? And to get back warranty i just need to get back to COA csc (because my phone has COA)?
Sorry i'm such a pain but i really dont wanna lose warranty by changing CSC!!!

Exactly.
The Following User Says Thank You to adisan2002 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread