5,604,686 Members 36,001 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Upgrading via Kies...is there a way???

Tip us?

Cooetzee
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Prompt Upgrading via Kies...is there a way???

Hi guys.

I was wondering if there is a way we can trick Kies to recognize the phone (S2 plus NFC) that it belongs to a country that has already received the official Android 4.2. I ask this because for Romania has not yet given update to 4.2 and I do not want to use any Odin. Also, if you can fool Kies it is possible to lose your phone warranty?

If we fool Kies it is possible to return to the basic android?

adisan2002
Old
Thanks Meter 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooetzee View Post
Hi guys.

I was wondering if there is a way we can trick Kies to recognize the phone (S2 plus NFC) that it belongs to a country that has already received the official Android 4.2. I ask this because for Romania has not yet given update to 4.2 and I do not want to use any Odin. Also, if you can fool Kies it is possible to lose your phone warranty?

If we fool Kies it is possible to return to the basic android?
change CSC to one of that countries for which was released 4.2.2
smth like this
http://www.droidviews.com/how-to-cha...galaxy-phones/
or
http://en.videotutorial.ro/update-de...utorial-video/

Cooetzee
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by adisan2002 View Post
change CSC to one of that countries for which was released 4.2.2
smth like this
http://www.droidviews.com/how-to-cha...galaxy-phones/
or
http://en.videotutorial.ro/update-de...utorial-video/
Thx Adisan...its quite easy to change CSC as i seen in videos....but the million dollar question is...DO I LOSE WARRANTY? And also by reverting back to original CSC i get the official update for Romania (if there is any :P )

adisan2002
Old
Thanks Meter 254
Quote:
Thx Adisan...its quite easy to change CSC as i seen in videos....but the million dollar question is...DO I LOSE WARRANTY? And also by reverting back to original CSC i get the official update for Romania (if there is any :P )
For warranty I think you need install original stock firmware you had when you've bought phone (for Vodafone I don't think you have one on Sammobile..)
If it will be an official update for Romania (Vodafone), you can install it via Odin from Sammobile firmware list. CSC will be modified to the stock's one.
The Following User Says Thank You to adisan2002 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Cooetzee
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by adisan2002 View Post
For warranty I think you need install original stock firmware you had when you've bought phone (for Vodafone I don't think you have one on Sammobile..)
If it will be an official update for Romania (Vodafone), you can install it via Odin from Sammobile firmware list. CSC will be modified to the stock's one.

So if i change, for ex,to Spain CSC, and upgrade to official spanish 4.2 i will lose warranty? And to get back warranty i just need to get back to COA csc (because my phone has COA)?
Sorry i'm such a pain but i really dont wanna lose warranty by changing CSC!!!

adisan2002
Old
Thanks Meter 254
Quote:
So if i change, for ex,to Spain CSC, and upgrade to official spanish 4.2 i will lose warranty? And to get back warranty i just need to get back to COA csc (because my phone has COA)?
Sorry i'm such a pain but i really dont wanna lose warranty by changing CSC!!!
Exactly.
The Following User Says Thank You to adisan2002 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]