Post Reply

[Q] How to unlock the bootloader in 4.2.2

OP ##W4TCH0UT##

12th January 2014, 05:48 AM   |  #1  
##W4TCH0UT##'s Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Town of ROMs
Thanks Meter: 767
 
1,010 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
More
Developers I cant figure out how to unlock the bootloader in 4.2.2 for galaxy grand duos i9082
12th January 2014, 07:07 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag It's up to you :D
Thanks Meter: 111
 
421 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateekujjawal

Developers I cant figure out how to unlock the bootloader in 4.2.2 for galaxy grand duos i9082

Why? i dont know if 4.2 bootloader is locked. But you cant install 4.2 AOSP rom in stock 4.2, you need stock 4.1.
You can flash anything on stock 4.2, just root it and start flashing 4.4 roms
12th January 2014, 08:03 AM   |  #3  
##W4TCH0UT##'s Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Town of ROMs
Thanks Meter: 767
 
1,010 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by black87

Why? i dont know if 4.2 bootloader is locked. But you cant install 4.2 AOSP rom in stock 4.2, you need stock 4.1.
You can flash anything on stock 4.2, just root it and start flashing 4.4 roms

That's the thing bro, the bootloader in 4.2 is locked and that's why we have to flash 4.3 or 4.2 roms in stock 4.1.2
12th January 2014, 08:31 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag It's up to you :D
Thanks Meter: 111
 
421 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateekujjawal

That's the thing bro, the bootloader in 4.2 is locked and that's why we have to flash 4.3 or 4.2 roms in stock 4.1.2

Nope. The 4.2 bootloader isn't compatible with aosp 4.2 (just reminding, 4.3.1 is compatible to stock 4.2). 4.2 bootloader compatible with aosp 4.4, its not locked
12th January 2014, 11:06 AM   |  #5  
##W4TCH0UT##'s Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Town of ROMs
Thanks Meter: 767
 
1,010 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by black87

Nope. The 4.2 bootloader isn't compatible with aosp 4.2 (just reminding, 4.3.1 is compatible to stock 4.2). 4.2 bootloader compatible with aosp 4.4, its not locked

Ohkay got that bro
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes