No registration required

Multiple motheboards, question on IMEI

OP kylek389

10th January 2014, 05:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
Hi. First post here. I have Samsung Galaxy S2 T989 with cracked screen. I bought a same fully functional donor phone and reused my old motherboard. Everything is working great and I made fresh ClockWorkMod backup. I was wondering how can I use the 2nd motherboard for experimental ROM testing purposes? The donor phone came with its unique IMEI code. From what I understand a SIM card is tied to specific IMEI code so to use spare motherboard and retain network connectivity I should be using IMEI from original phone? It seems this could be done by restoring ClockWorkMod backup--essentially duplicating /efs directory & IMEI onto spare motherboard.

The donor phone however is missing a serial number on a back sticker, and its string in settings/info was 000...what could that mean?

1. Is it possible to use 2 unique IMEI numbers on 1 SIM card? My reasoning tells me no.
2. Would having same IMEI on 2 motherboards pose an issue?

Any tips are appreciated before I screw things up.

Kyle.
12th January 2014, 12:31 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
I went ahead and tried it by the way, the donor phone is fully functional with my current SIM card, so my question is answered, that is, you can indeed use multiple IMEI codes on 1 SIM card.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread