XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HELP... Mistake done when Flashing with Odin3_v1.85

Tip us?

ChoonKeong
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy [Q] HELP... Mistake done when Flashing with Odin3_v1.85

I did a mistake when fllashing with Odin. Was intending ti flash my S2 with I9100DXLP9_I9100OLBLP9_I9100DXLP9_HOME.tar.md5 but instead. i forgot I connect my N7000 Note1 instead. and OMG I can hear the samsung "on" music but no screen no diaplay. I could not even get to the download screen or the other screen,,,, HELP.....
The Following User Says Thank You to ChoonKeong For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

projeto56
Old
Thanks Meter 571

DONATE TO ME
Get yourself a JIG en eBay. They cost around 5 bucks

Enviado de meu GT-N7000 usando Tapatalk
XDA Developers

What is XDA about? | How to ask for help?

I don't has bad english. You are drunk!

Use dropbox and make us both happy

nokiamodeln91
Old
Thanks Meter 2486
Download a rom with bootloader included. There are a few available in xda. Also the stock XXLSA (as I recall) has bootloader.
Boot into download mode blindly and connect to odin. Check if you get a connection indication. Then flash in PDA tab.

ChoonKeong
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiamodeln91 View Post
Download a rom with bootloader included. There are a few available in xda. Also the stock XXLSA (as I recall) has bootloader.
Boot into download mode blindly and connect to odin. Check if you get a connection indication. Then flash in PDA tab.
ya... my bad... did it blindly... too sleepy too.... so I just plug in the jig to download mode n odin the bootloader ya? thanx alot... I srewed up my sw previously but not as bad as I was still able to get to download mode...

nokiamodeln91
Old
Thanks Meter 2486
May be you don't need the jig. The display is off but the phone could go to download mode.
Remove the battery. Wait a couple of secs. Then insert it and press vol down + home +power for about 6-8 seconds. Then after 5 seconds press vol up. Connect phone to odin and check if you see the com port being displayed in odin.
The Following User Says Thank You to nokiamodeln91 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ChoonKeong
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiamodeln91 View Post
May be you don't need the jig. The display is off but the phone could go to download mode.
Remove the battery. Wait a couple of secs. Then insert it and press vol down + home +power for about 6-8 seconds. Then after 5 seconds press vol up. Connect phone to odin and check if you see the com port being displayed in odin.
you mean by doing a "blind" connect? never thought of that... maybe could work... I've ordered a jig frm ebay earlier already though... Thanx. will go home tonight and try the "blind" way of doing if. feel so down as the note was intended for my mum as a media device...

petrusyap
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default solved or not?

May I know if flash the Note to XXLSA do recover your Note back??? the problem solved???
I encountered the exact same problem like you.. so kinda curious... been flash to official stock rom 4.1.2 from sammobile but the screen remain blank... (but responsive, i can hear the sound from menu pressed)