Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,106 Members 42,534 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kitkat stops working with googlequicksearchbox disabled

Tip us?

c3604844
Old
(Last edited by c3604844; 12th January 2014 at 08:43 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Kitkat stops working with googlequicksearchbox disabled

I wanted to get rid of search bar on homescreen with default launcher, do I disabled "google search".
Effect: immediate crash of systemui and neverending booting(stuck at animated logo).
Luckily adb+su worked and reenabling com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox solved the problem, but as I cannot delete my post with question I'll leave here this note as a warning
Also: this way I lost all my homescreen settings(and got "hints" as on new phone).

justmpm
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by c3604844 View Post
I wanted to get rid of search bar on homescreen with default launcher, do I disabled "google search".
Effect: immediate crash of systemui and neverending booting(stuck at animated logo).
Luckily adb+su worked and reenabling com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox solved the problem, but as I cannot delete my post with question I'll leave here this note as a warning
Also: this was I lost all my homescreen settings(and got "hints" as on new phone).
Maybe try this replacement launcher: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2536422

c3604844
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default 800 22564255

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmpm View Post
Maybe try this replacement launcher: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2536422
Thanks, I really like it, apart from unstability - during few hours of usage it crashed/blocked(unclosable ghost Drawer) few times.