Ask a question

No registration required

Kitkat stops working with googlequicksearchbox disabled

OP c3604844

12th January 2014, 02:00 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I wanted to get rid of search bar on homescreen with default launcher, do I disabled "google search".
Effect: immediate crash of systemui and neverending booting(stuck at animated logo).
Luckily adb+su worked and reenabling com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox solved the problem, but as I cannot delete my post with question I'll leave here this note as a warning
Also: this way I lost all my homescreen settings(and got "hints" as on new phone).
Last edited by c3604844; 12th January 2014 at 09:43 AM.
12th January 2014, 09:23 AM   |  #2  
Forum Moderator
Flag Jumpston Junction
Thanks Meter: 2,991

3,450 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c3604844

I wanted to get rid of search bar on homescreen with default launcher, do I disabled "google search".
Effect: immediate crash of systemui and neverending booting(stuck at animated logo).
Luckily adb+su worked and reenabling com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox solved the problem, but as I cannot delete my post with question I'll leave here this note as a warning
Also: this was I lost all my homescreen settings(and got "hints" as on new phone).

Maybe try this replacement launcher: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2536422
12th January 2014, 02:07 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
800 22564255
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmpm

Maybe try this replacement launcher: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2536422

Thanks, I really like it, apart from unstability - during few hours of usage it crashed/blocked(unclosable ghost Drawer) few times.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread