Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,866 Members 51,463 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Keyboard doesn't come back to the default layout

Tip us?

sam_laxy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Keyboard doesn't come back to the default layout

I am using galaxy note 2 and it was working absolutely perfect on 4.1.2. After i updated it on 4.3, i am facing a problem with the keyboard. Previously after sending a text (whether on whatsapp, viber, messaging or any other app), if i ended on the numeric/symbols page of the keyboard, it used to automatically come back to the default alphabet page.
But now the keyboard stays on the numeric/symbol page and doesn't come back to the default alphabet layout. It annoys me a lot, Kindly help me with that.
Is that any way to eradicate this problem? Need help!

Sewrizer
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_laxy View Post
I am using galaxy note 2 and it was working absolutely perfect on 4.1.2. After i updated it on 4.3, i am facing a problem with the keyboard. Previously after sending a text (whether on whatsapp, viber, messaging or any other app), if i ended on the numeric/symbols page of the keyboard, it used to automatically come back to the default alphabet page.
But now the keyboard stays on the numeric/symbol page and doesn't come back to the default alphabet layout. It annoys me a lot, Kindly help me with that.
Is that any way to eradicate this problem? Need help!
Based on what you said in your post, I think it is a cache related issue, therefore I'd wipe the cache partition(the keyboard layout and configuration is stored in cache which can be deleted should it give any error).
However, it can be an automatic ROM configuration that it remembers the symbol layout instead of starting with the abc one. But this is less likely. I'm on 4.1.2 and though I have used 4.3 for a couple of hours I didn't notice this behaviour.
Current android devices :
Samsung galaxy i9100p(rooted, using ReVoltROM[hybrid, cm10.1/aosp/pa])
Samsung Galaxy Note II
Tablet: Samsung P1000 (rooted, CM10.1)
Former:
HTC sensation XE (rooted and sold), LG P500 (rooted), iPhone 4(jailbroken), Samsung galaxy S3(rooted and sold)

Don't forget to hit if i helped

sam_laxy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewrizer View Post
Based on what you said in your post, I think it is a cache related issue, therefore I'd wipe the cache partition(the keyboard layout and configuration is stored in cache which can be deleted should it give any error).
However, it can be an automatic ROM configuration that it remembers the symbol layout instead of starting with the abc one. But this is less likely. I'm on 4.1.2 and though I have used 4.3 for a couple of hours I didn't notice this behaviour.
thanks for your kind reply.
same thing happened to me when i updated my galaxy s2 to 4.1.2 jelly bean. but when i bought the s3 phone that by default come with 4.1.2, the problem wasn't there. i am using the original firmware 4.3 but still i think updating a phone to any firmware is different than having it on the phone by default.
tell me if i wipe the cache partition, wud it affect the data stored in my phone? or just format the cache partition?

Sewrizer
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_laxy View Post
thanks for your kind reply.
same thing happened to me when i updated my galaxy s2 to 4.1.2 jelly bean. but when i bought the s3 phone that by default come with 4.1.2, the problem wasn't there. i am using the original firmware 4.3 but still i think updating a phone to any firmware is different than having it on the phone by default.
tell me if i wipe the cache partition, wud it affect the data stored in my phone? or just format the cache partition?
sorry for late reply, i didn't check my email lately. wiping cache won't delete any of your personal files.
Current android devices :
Samsung galaxy i9100p(rooted, using ReVoltROM[hybrid, cm10.1/aosp/pa])
Samsung Galaxy Note II
Tablet: Samsung P1000 (rooted, CM10.1)
Former:
HTC sensation XE (rooted and sold), LG P500 (rooted), iPhone 4(jailbroken), Samsung galaxy S3(rooted and sold)

Don't forget to hit if i helped

sam_laxy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewrizer View Post
sorry for late reply, i didn't check my email lately. wiping cache won't delete any of your personal files.
i did that but no help dont knw what to do now...